We have now had one school year to think about this, learn about ourselves, the bible, and the world around us. So has anyone actually made any plans yet?
Until a few days after I got home from my visit there I still had no clue what I wanted to do. And I was just thinking to myself, awe crap. I'm gonna have to spend another year working at booster juice so I can have money to go to school next year. Haha, then I decided, screw money. I'll take out a loan, I want to go to business school. So I was going to apply to either UBC-O (Kelowna) or U of C (Calgary) and enter their business program. Then go on to either be a CEO of some billion dollar industry, or own my own non-profit organization. Either way, help feed Africa (My life dream) But then about 2 days ago one of my old best friends, whom I haven't seen in like three years walks into booster juice. So we are catching up and I tell her I moved to Kelowna, then the Island, and just got back to PG. And she tells me she just finished travelling Canada for a year for FREE! She did a program called Katimavik. It costs $185 to go for 9 months, and they give you $1000 at the end. You travel around Canada and live in 3 different places for a few months and just volunteer. One of the three places has to be in Quebec so you can learn French though ( :( ) But I suppose I should learn at least a little French eventually. So tonight I looked into it and cruised around their site. It looks AWESOME! So I'm thinking that's what I want to do this September. Pray for my decision is requested. And hey, look into it!
So what are you're plans? Do tell!
Love you guys, Miss you lots.
Bria
5 comments:
Sounds like a sick program Bria. I'll def keep it in prayer. As for me, I'm heading to Briercrest for one year. Hopefully I'll get an associates degree and some direction for my dream, then travel here I come.
That sounds so awesome Bria! My friend Kyle is doing Katimavik right now actually. That sounds like a really good opportunity, be sure to keep us posted =)
As for me, I'll be at Briercrest as well, taking Youth Ministry - really excited for that, to see the community out there and to be taking courses more geared towards where I'm wanting to go with my life.
I may or may not be interning with TWLOHA this summer as well... I'd really like to have money for school, so an unpaid internship over in Florida won't do that... so if I opt out of that I'll be working full-time.
-Matthew
Hey Bria, yeah my friend from back east did Katimavik and he loved it so much. I would definitely say go for it cause God can show you some sick stuff on this trip. Plus if you come close enough to the east I may just have to come visit you.
As for me, I am heading to Prince Edward Island to live with my parents for about a year or so and go to the university there. I would like to go to B-crest with the rest of Kaleo but I think God wants me at home this year. I'll be praying for you and I hope that if you get to do Katimavik cause it totally sounds like an incredible 9 months. Come visit soon.
Katimavik is sick.
Do it.
Dearest beauty*
It is such a gift to hear from you I dream that we will always stay connected.
and it is a great encouragement for me to hear your dreams, Bria you have such charasma which if you choose will get you far in life.
~so reach for the stars and ... if you miss you'll hit the moon.
o and my friend did katimavik and absuley loved it, i hear its a great program i was checking it out also.
*do it.
p.s i love seeing God work in you. Have a great day sunshine
Post a Comment