Well, my good friends, I am finally settled here in beautiful Kelowna. It has been a long, arduous journey for which, strangely so, I am grateful. It is incredible how the events in our lives that seem the most difficult soon become what we cherish. For I believe in those moments we see our Lord so much more clearly as we recognize His active Presence guiding our circumstances and shaping our hearts.
Just to give you a quick update: October was Road-Trip Month. I spent my time wandering from Crofton to Kelowna to Prairie Bible College to Briercrest to Home (in Manitoba); back to Briercrest to Frontier, SK to Banff and back to Kelowna. Whooo-eeee!! What a whirlwind. So sweet to see people at Briercrest. I'd have to say it was the high-light of the trip -- as fellowshipping with all of you refreshed my weary soul and brought such encouragement. I am so thankful to be part of such a sweet community!
As the dust still settles, I'm already busy at work with Marv and Lois Penner. Presently, I am working from their beautiful home with a window above my little desk overlooking the
beautiful Okanagan Valley. My job mainly consists of helping Marv on projects and Lois on admin. stuff, and then recruiting staff and youth groups for summer mission trips through a
program called YouthWorks (Ben led SportsCamps with YouthWorks last summer). If you're looking for a sweet youth/missions internship this next summer, let me know!!
Remember the sweet time we had at the Canadian Youth Worker's Convention from last year?! Well, this year I get to be involved in it. How cool is that!?!! Right now Marv, Lois, and I are bustling with preparations and are eagerly anticipating what God will do there. If you're out in Ontario, COME!! I'd LOVE to see you there! It is December 2-5 and is at the Doubletree by Hilton right close to the Toronto airport. If you're in college the cost is only $130 (till November 15th) - you can get the scoop at www.cywc.com . Oh, and if you're a girl - and like tea and bubble baths - I'd love for you to stay in my hotel room (for FREE!). Just let me know SOON so we can make arrangements.
So there's my little life in a nut-shell. Still learning to abide in my Lord; and would love prayer for that. I'm looking forward to discovering more of the Lord in this new season of life.
P.S. Come and visit!
5 comments:
So...what if you're a boy-and like tea and bubble baths-is there a non awkward yet still free place to stay?
It's a joy to hear you digging deep right away. Say "hi" to Marv for me. Eat some fresh produce for me. Have some sweet adventure for yourself...and for me. Don't work too hard. Keep fit and have fun with Al Johnson and Joanne Mcleod. Jesus loves you.
Well.. I cannot go to the conference school is tooooo much however I would love to stop by and visit :)
Mark -- Would that mean you'll come to the Convention????? (That would be cool!)
Jess -- COME stop by and visit me!! I'll be at the YouthWorks booth probably so you'll easily find me. Can't WAIT to see you!!
YOU ARE GOING TO BE IN TORONTO!!
I HAPPEN TO LiVE VERY CLOSE TO TORONTO!!
HOW AWESOME IS THAT??
I can not afford the convention, and my schedule....but i should be able to rearrange some things to get in a visit....with you...
I believe I'm still in school during that time, writing papers, studying for exams, you know. But I do like tea and bubble baths, though I havn't had the latter in a while.
Post a Comment