Hello everyone ( made it double spaced, easier on the eyes)
I understand I have spoken with a certain amount of you all, but feel like everyone
else may be in the dark about things and with recent updates I am able to inform
everyone to the extent that I am, fully including everyone. First, to get the less
important things out of the way, I am quite enjoying my Briercrest time. I wanted to
have the Briercrest experience and I am having it. To escape once again from the real
world and try to bubble myself into an environment where I am able to further study
the bible and gain further insight into my faith, Briercrest is giving me more than I
can ask for and imagine. Loving the beauty of the prairies (unlike others) and the
winter (also unlike others), the being here, and the learning are both two things that
I am able to cope with and see as a blessing that I cannot repay or ever replicate.
Truly from YHWH these are given and truly are they good. Also, further in my schooling
location of this post I am seeing Briercrest as a point in my life which will end
after this year is over. I am looking into school at Lethbridge and working towards a
bachelor of science which is essentially “pre med”, to enter medical school as my end
goal. These are my plans which are prone to change but, oh well, its not as if I am
going to go on doing for eternity with nothing but changing plans. But that’s me.
Which isn’t really what I am getting at in this post.
Kaitlin. I do believe that those who say they are praying are. And your devotion and
setting your time aside to intercede for someone who you barely met at a point or
simply have ties through me is something that I am truly indebted to you. Because at
this point, Kaitlin’s situation has progressively worsened. There are times in the
week when I spend extensive time searching the internet for possible breakthroughs in
health concerning Glio-Blastomas. But who am I trying to kid. The statistics speak
what I need to know. 49% of patients live to the two-year mark after diagnosis, and
after that the percent dwindles to seven. Kaitlin recently, Wednesday, was rushed to
Calgary children’s hospital because she was sick in the days prior, and at the
hospital in Lethbridge had a seizure and on the way home from the hospital, to pack
for a Calgary trip had another one. At Calgary she was administered morphine to
release her from the pain from her headaches and has had her drugs significantly
increased. Currently she is at home but is suffering from terrible double vision where
everything, well, is doubled in her sight to the point where they both look tangible.
This is extremely frustrating for her as she now must cover up one of her eyes to do
anything, making reading and school unrealistically frustrating. Your prayers raised
to HIS ears are extremely encouraging for me and also for her. On Tuesday her team of
doctors are meeting to see what action will be taken next. It is between another
surgery and some more radiation, now focused on her entire head instead of the
original specific spot. For those who don’t know, the nature of the Glio Blastoma is
like that of a dandy Lion (the weed, not a lion who is feelin great), so to speak. You
blow it when it is in its seed state and its seed spread everywhere, and more Dandy
Lions sprout out where each seed lands. Now take the flower terms and place it into
cancer terms. Self-explanatory. To pray for YHWH to hear my distress, bow the heavens
and descend, covered in thick clouds, dark with water, with brightness erupting before
him simply from his glory to eradicate that which is causing her suffering, is true
hope, but right now it seems like something that only happens in dreams. It is like
reaching out, trying to grasp shadows and dust. But along with praying for a miracle,
pray earnestly for her double vision to be solved. Pray to HIM, that HE would place
insight and knowledge into the minds of men to ease her of this thorn in her side. If
you are praying, I can only ask that you make this a priority when it comes to Her.
This is what I know and is you update. Thanks to Kaitlyn, Cey that is, she guilt
tripped me into posting. I love you all and miss yall a bunch, and look forward to
being united in eternity, our true hope for life, our true hope for mercy and our true
hope for healing. What I recognize is in the gracious act and being of Jesus the
Christ, She is already healed, and HE is waiting to bring her home.
Yours truly,
Nate.
3 comments:
thanks for the update nate. know that i'm praying for kaitlyn. i'm really looking forward to talking to you tomorrow.
Nater, I love hearing your heart. You know I'm always in your corner.
*nater you expressed your love for kaitlyn in a beautiful way with your heart. i will be praying for her. i am proud of you for being so strong in this situation.
God bless.
thanks for posting
:)
Post a Comment