Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Finished.

So its been a while….haven’t seen or really talked to a lot of you. Feeling rather lonely. I talked to a friend today. I talked to him about some things I am struggling with. We talked a little about last year, to which I think that perhaps my space should’ve gone to someone a little bit less like me and more like….well I don’t know…just someone not like me. I am not saying I regret doing Kaleo; I loved Kaleo. I got experiences I never would have had otherwise and I met amazing people I never would have. But alas it’s over, and life goes on, nothing ever really lasts it's all a piece of dust that gets swept away as soon as the wind blows. Those days are gone. Maybe I am a tad nostalgic for those days when I see the black hole of space and time that lurks a head of me for either direction I take.

Anyways we talked about some other stuff too. Like why I am feeling the way I am and my thoughts on things like God. He made an excellent point of telling me I am lonely because I have chosen to be that way, because I have chosen not to tell people about my struggles. To which I replied I have tried talking to people about the way I am feeling. They just don’t understand. And maybe some of you know that even when you try and reach out to others hoping they might understand you a little only to find out they don’t….it just leaves you feeling more isolated, alone, angry and frustrated. Well this is not to excuse myself from putting myself in a spot where I feel so alone, because I am positive I have done something that made me feel this way, for starters I have not really reached out to any of you to talk about this, and when I did something else came up, but that is life. I have always found timing a peculiar thing, or just time in general…it slips away far to quickly.

So here am I, in our chapel time opening up to you, a loved family (though I guess some would argue that what I am about to do does not really make me capable of loving) before I put up my walls again. I am tired. So very tired physical and mentally, all I want to do is sleep, but I can't sleep, it eludes me. So instead I push on, through school, family and work. I push my body hard doing as much physical activity I can...feeling exhausted is better then not feeling. But I am tried of feeling alone, so I am just going to tell you. I quit. I am done. This life is not one for me. I haven’t been living it. I am taking this step to tell you I am done pretending to have a faith that I don’t. You can tell me all you want of how I can find comfort and rest and restoration with God but I’ve heard it and I am not convinced. I’m done searching for something I cannot see, cannot feel and cannot trust. I’m not dealing with something that has left me hanging on out of fear for what might come.

That’s all. I’m done. I’m trying a different path, either way I see it, it all leads to the end right? Life and time go hand and hand they both slip away and can’t be reversed….

7 comments:

Katie said...

abby baby , you sound so sad, i'm sorry you feel that way, hey you should call me sometime or maybe i'll call you.
i dont know if anything i say will encourage you . but i do know that in life we get storms, and they could make you stronger for the next or weaker.
abby thanks for being honest,
i am with you in your pain, i feel your heart as you write this.
... we all have to have faith.every day.

who are we kidding when we thought storms wouldn't hit.
abby i love you, and you have to keep going, because your my friend who helps others be stong.
just wait and see abby.
blessings.
you're lovely
God bless
i encourage you to read job<- wow i sound like a loser.. but he keeps going when life doesn't and he ends up with a pretty good ending
anyway abs love you always
punch

Trent McKone said...

Ms. Abby,

I will be praying along side you. Specifically that you would find someone who can understand what you are going through and cares to hear about it. I will also be praying that life slow down and you will be able to get some rest.

Miss ya lots,

Mr. Trent

Ellie said...

Oh Abby, we have never met, but I just want you to know that you are not alone in what you are feeling. The isolation, loneliness, darkness, wrestling and then giving up... there are many who have been there... I have... and maybe even am going through a season of that right now.
What helps me is remembering where Jesus has taken me from--
try to remember what he has shown you, and ask him to show you again. I know it seems hopeless, but it isn't and you have a family here who will believe and hope FOR you when you can't.
I don't know if any of my words are helpful, I just know that when I am walking through this, it really helps to know I'm not the only one who has struggled, and that others have survived it with their faith refined and intact.
Thinking of you, praying and believing that this is actually a good thing and He will show himself to you IN it.
Love, Ellie (K5)

Ben Schmit said...

"And they sat with him on the ground seven days and seven nights, and no one spoke a word to him, for they saw that his suffering was very great." Job 2:13

I can't really speak into your life from my experiences because I've never really felt or gone through what you are going through Abby. But your Kaleo family is here, sitting with you, just know that. Know that we are a phone call away, a facebook message, a skype call away.

You are Companion.

-Benten

nick.vansnick said...

Abby,
I read this and get very frustrated. Why? It's because so much of this is a lie from the enemy and you are seemingly buying it. I understand that things can be very tiring and you may not feel like going on, I have felt that a lot at home, but we are called to persevere.
Mayhaps this is only one season of your life, would you want to give up on everything that happened at Kaleo for this one season in your life? What happened at Kaleo is not over, it is only beginning. You may not be able to see it very well from where you are at right now, but God has taken those seeds that were planted in Kaleo and is growing them.
However I do know that perseverance is hard in the situation of home. I am thankful to be in community again this year at BCrest. While this option is not available to you right now, my encouragement is to push through and maybe look for where you can find that community in the near future.
When in doubt, I recommend retreating to God, not away. Anyway, my hope for you is that Christ will perfect you. Even if you don't want him to. Because you and I both know that he is the way.

Love you lots Abby,
Nicky VanSnicky

Haley said...

Abs, I want you to know that MY kaleo experience would not have been the same unless you were there. Remember when you found out I was a cyclist? I miss you terribly and am so thankful your spot didn't go to anyone else but YOU.
So now for a bit of a story, sit down on a carpeted floor possibly by a fire and curl up with a blanket, maybe some hot coco and your crocheting. Please bare with me till the end here...

"Slavery in the United States was abolished by the 13th Amendment of December 18th, 1865. How many slaves were there on December 19th? In reality, none, but many still lived like slaves. Many did, because they never learned the truth, others knew and even believed that they were free but chose to live as they had been taught. Several plantation owners were devastated by this proclamation of emancipation. 'We're ruined! Slavery has been abolished. We've lost the battle to keep our slaves.' But their chief spokesman slyly responded, 'Not necessarily, as long as these people think they're still slaves, the proclamation of emancipation will have no practical effect. We don't have a legal right over them anymore, but many of them don't know it. Keep your slaves from learning the truth, and your control over them will not even be challenged.'
'But what if the news spreads?'
'Don't panic. We have another barrel in our gun. We may not be able to keep them from hearing the news, but we can still keep them from understanding it. They don't call me father of lies for nothing. We still have the potential to deceive the whole world. Just tell them that they misunderstood the 13th amendment. Tell them that they are going to be free, not that they are free already. The truth they heard is just positional truth, not actual truth. Someday they may receive the benefits, but not now.'
'But, they'll expect me to say that. They won't believe me.'
'Then pick out a few persuasive ones who are convinced that they're still slaves and let them do the talking for you. Remember, most of these free people were born as slaves and have lived like slaves. As long as they continue to do what slaves do, it will not be hard to convince them that they must still be slaves. They will maintain their slave identity because of the things they do. The moment they try to profess that they are no longer slaves, just whisper in their ear, 'How can you even think you are no longer a slave when you are still doing things slaves do?' After all, we have the capacity to accuse the brethren day and night.'"

Abby, I don't know what much of what is going on inside of you right now but remember that God is the ONLY one who determines who Abby Calverly - companion- is. Not life's circumstances (past of present), not other people and try SO very hard to not let satan in his sneakiness determine who you are either. When we don't consciously choose to believe the truth about God, we don't think right or interpret our circumstances correctly, so we don't feel right or live right...which is exactly where I currently find myself.

2 Peter 1:3 - His divine power has granted to us everything pertaining to life and godliness, through the TRUE knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and excellence"

I pray that something here will resinate with your heart. I love you very much Abby. Always ready for a skype date, just send the words sister.

Hales

Mark said...

Abs McGabs,

In hope of our Lord Jesus, for your soul to be strengthened, I encourage you to continue in the faith. "Through many tribulations we must enter the kingdom of God" (Acts 14:22).

I have difficulty, and I struggle every day. Following the footsteps of Jesus is not easy. But good things come to those who press on.

Kaleo would not have been as good as it was without you.