Dear Kaleo's
I hope all is well in your lives your are all in my thoughts and prayers. I don't think I have updated in a long time soo here is an overview of my life since Kaleo.
I went home after Kaleo and did absolutely nothing for two months. I played my guitar, my piano, sang and danced and hungout with my friends who were still at home. They are pretty big party animals so before I realized what was happening. I went to a few parties with them and well .. the next day was not a good one. I was going off to camp though so this only happened a couple times which was defiantly a good thing.
Most of you know how excited I was to go to camp. I had actually a really rough summer. After coming back to the real world of God and realizing what I had slipped into was wrong. I was facing something I had never faced before. I was very confused, the people I worked with had this knowledge of the Bible that was amazing and love for these kids which was incredible, but at times their lives and what they said wouldn't reflect what I had seen in them. I did not understand how someone like this with great knowledge and who apparently loved God could then turn around and say things completely inappropriate or act completely inappropriate and not be an example to the kids and other followers. Trying not to judge and trying to understand and love was something that was a huge struggle for me this summer. I was always frustrated. Not that long ago I sat down with my boss of the summer Mark and he explained to me that he and I have travelled from bubble to bubble so we are constantly getting fed into however a good chunk of the people who work there don't have that and roles for people who are blessed to be like him and myself are called to be at a place like Muskoka Woods to come along side those people and help them especially now that we are back in school. P.S as bad as my summer sounds it was amazing and I met amazing kids and saw a lot of them come to the Lord. God really does work at Muskoka Woods. Even talking to my girls now they see the difference and crave being back in that MW environment.
Umm.. I am at Redeemer. I am where I am supposed to be but its been a hard one. I am in second year dorms and so its hard to make friends outside of the people I live with. I have yet to find a church I like. I think I found one that I am going to try out next week where my friends dad is the pastor. But my housemates hate it because its extremely untraditional, the pastor wears jeans and stuff but I don't know it sounds free to me ... not horrible so I am going to try it out. My classes have been alright... um... I have been going to a mw bible study every week.
Right now I am taking 2 months completely no alcohol not even at dinner. My housemates will go out and get drunk and be like I have to get drunk this weekend. I asked them if they ever felt guilty about it and apparently they do.. but they wont change. I felt that taking these two months is a good way of protecting myself from this, its defiantly a hard one for me so I am trying to be extremely careful. Especially with my dads side of the family so close to me in distance right now. I didn't go again on their family drunk fest (family trip where the whole fam is drunk for 7 days). All else is good for the most part.
Oh and I have a boy. Its not on facebook or anything but we met at camp and have been together for .. a little over 3 months... He loves the Lord and he is great. Minor set back his hometown is in a different country. He goes back home in December for 5 ish months. We haven't really decided what we are going to do yet but lots of praying will be involved with that decision.
Miss you all
Your sister in Christ,
Mercy
3 comments:
Oh Jessica,
you see the unwillingness and selfishness of people to change what is not right in their lives. I love that you see this because is can often show the willingness and selflessness of those who desire a stronger relationship with their Lord. The fact that you are surrendering over alcohol for this time period shows your commitment to really wanting a change. And it seems your not doing this for the sake of the people around you, to prove something to them, nor should it be -When you fast, do not make a show of it like the Pharisees- Change should be desired for the sake of Christ. Through this, others around us can be affected and come to change themselves but as long as their change is not the goal, then their unchange will not be a let down.
I pray you may grow richly in these next two months. That others may catch a clearer vision of Jesus by how you live, but more so that you may see and even clearer image of Jesus and through that, continue to change and cast off what is not the true Jessica in Christ's eyes. May your time in the Word and in Prayer lead and guide each day. And may you and your boy grow to know each other better by seeking God together.
David
mark says it very well but I would like to tell you there is a supper awesome church there that is at a school or something. The pastors name is Dwaine. Don't remember his last name or the name of the church (i know real helpful eh?) but if you are still looking it is a sweet place to go. it's small but very mission focused. The pastor is so passionate about inter city mission. I've only been once but i loved it. anyways, thanks for sharing. I love hearing whats going on.
frig i love jessica.
jess i am so pumped for you on this fasting, good for you girl.
p.s see you in feb
love ya always sunshine
Post a Comment