Those of you who were at the Olympics may remember the night I came into chapel in full blown tears because my lifelong friend, John's crones disease was getting worse and he was needing another operation. A few months ago he went to Africa on a missions trip with our church. He ended up in the hospital there. Now he is doing alot better and is off almost all of his meds. We are alot more hopeful for him now. In 2 hours he will be driving to Vancouver with our friend Nick and a few others, then on the 24th (His 19th birthday) him and Nick fly out on Vancouver and head for New Zealand. They will be living there and working on a glacier for about a year... maybe more. A few minutes ago I had to say my goodbyes to him and come home because I work in the morning. After a legit 15 minute hug, full blown tears, and a heart to heart, I finally stepped out the door. This will be my first Christmas with out him, the first year I miss his birthday, and many other firsts. He won't have internet, so we will phone and skype when we can. I feel like a piece of me has been ripped off. I worry about his health and his safety over there. I can't even think straight right now, so I will end it at that.
I love you all,
I don't really know what I'm asking.
Hopefully Yours,
Bria
3 comments:
Goodbyes suck. I'm sorry Bria. Thanks for sharing.
Hey Bria! Goodbyes are so difficult - I totally hear you in that. Keep placing your hope in the Lord's leading in John's life as well as your own. If He is leading John in His perfect will, then He is also wanting to provide for YOU! Look around for what He might be speaking through these circumstances. I don't know where you're at, but I'd love to hang out with you if you're ever in Kelowna. Love you!
hey o bria, man i love how you're getting good use out of this website, i love you alwayssss, girl i miss you. im praying for you BRIA!
Post a Comment