Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Christmas Joy

I would love to share in the joy of being with all of you this Christmas but geography seems to be an issue. Maybe in heaven we'll have teleporters. The only other way for this to be possible is in spirit. Nick beat me to it (actually he inspired me) as he went around Briercrest asking for prayer requests from people like last year. I figure it would to a wonderful and binding way to do the same again this year, especially for those we may not get to talk to or haven't talked to in a while.
As far a prayer for myself, you all know the struggles I've had for a life of purity. I've noticed a pattern for it to be conditional though. The temptation strikes hardest when I'm in my familiar hometown setting. Maybe because I know the place like the back of my hand. Anyway, I'm headed back there again for Christmas break and as I've seen this pattern and sought to prepare beforehand, I also need the courage to go home with the confiden
ce of the Lord. These two things I ask prayer for as well as to apply what I've learned this past semester in the world of home with humility and steadfastness. Oh, (I guess I need a lot of prayer, it'll keep you guys busy, ha) and the courage to follow my Jesus in faith for what he has for me in the summer and next year (job, school, finances, aviation, missions, etc).
Well, it your turn...bombard me/us.


3 comments:

Nate said...

I got your back Mark. You will be in my prayers over the break.

Ben Schmit said...

If you guys could pray for steadfast love for Ro from our family. he's moved out of the house and back into his mom's house, which isn't a good place for him to be in. Also pray for protection for Ro. Especially pray for my mom, she's pretty emotional and shaken up by this.

Please pray for an increase in discipline that I have been trying to cultivate here at Briercrest.

Praise the LORD for the things that He's been teaching me and showing me this year. It is quite amazing.

Rivera "Challenger" said...

Well if this was chapel Jim would say " anybody?... I'm going to stat picking on someone.." than somebody would jump in..(I myself would not be that person)
Until now
Prayer.
hmmm
Well I need prayer to remember to Pray.
I feel like I'm falling off the bandwagon. I'm getting caught up in the world. I also have no idea what I'm doing with my existence.

Happy Holidays!