Thursday, March 17, 2011

You Carved Your Name.

Hey! Fancy running into you here! It has definitely been a while since I have talked to many of you. I really am very poor at keeping in touch, and for that I am truly sorry. I hope all of you are doing well and enjoying life. My life has been uneventful for the past while, I finished my program and have been accepted into pre-health sciences in September. And the EMS on my reserve has been asked by chief and counsel to take on a summer student, and Sean the EMS supervisor has specifically requested me to fill the position! I am slowly getting closer and closer to my end goal and I cannot seem to hold in my excitement each time I think about it. Since I have no school I spend my time working and sleeping as I work grave shift at a casino and I have been playing a lot of hockey (ice and ball and coed). I am currently coaching a beginner’s hockey clinic on my reservation and get paid to do it. My boss is so pleased with that work I have been doing in the clinic that she is looking for a way to get me ice for three clinics three times a week next year, she is trying to figure out how to get me a more permanent position…so I can be paid…PAID TO COACH HOCKEY!!! I cannot picture my life getting any better then what it already is. I am feeling content and right now and am confident that my life is heading in a very positive direction. In the stormy waters of life I seem to have found a nice eddy in which I can take my time and play around in. I know I have probably disappointed many of you (as I have my parents and siblings) in my hesitancy to be follower God, but as of now I still have very many issues with him and am not entirely sure of a belief of his existence. I feel as if exploration it the right thing for me, and to be honest I am happy in my life right now and all that I am doing. I refuse to refer to myself as a Christian to anyone who would call me one or to any one who would question what my beliefs are. I do not feel it is right in anyway to associate myself with a faith I am unsure as to how I feel about, as I do not want to be the one that people use as a example of a faith. Having said this I still consider each of you my brothers and sisters because of the bonds we formed while at Kaleo and I would like to thank you for the community you gave me last year. I was telling my story to a man who is conducting research on young adults and faith. He wanted to hear my story before we got down to the actual research part (which will be next Tuesday). Anyways it was the first time I had told my story to anyone since Kaleo and my Dad’s heart attack and surgery. As I was talking it made me miss you guys and remember how much you guys meant to me. So I just wanted to say that I was thinking of you all today and found that I was missing you very deeply.

I seem to have forgotten what talking can do, even if it was just for the purpose of research. But talking about my past experiences and my thoughts now seem to be very therapeutic, even though they are spoken to a stranger. The little ach in my heart reappeared today and I could not help but smile as I thought of you all today and the adventures we shared. I miss you all dearly and just thought I would give you an update and let you know that each of you have craved you name upon my heart and it makes me smile when I think of the memories of how each of you did this.

Much love,

Abby.

4 comments:

Mark said...

Love you too, Sis. Thanks so much for posting. I really enjoy reading words from you and to have an idea of what's going on in the life of our companion. Keep talking, keep posting, continue in the "therapeutic" exercise. I hope to join you by posting soon (probably after my several papers due next week).

Take care, endeavour,

David

Ben Schmit said...

Abby it is great to hear from you! Wow, this is exciting stuff! Well, grad is coming up pretty quickly I think you should make a visit on over back to the C-Port. "each of you have craved your name upon my heart and it makes me smile when I think of the memories of how each of you did this." I LOVE this. It makes me smile quite a bit. It also makes me smile to see how you did this very same thing to me.

Rivera "Challenger" said...

ABBY! <3
I am so excited for your life right now! your dreams are coming true! Playing/coaching hockey and EMS. I wish so badly we were able to get together after kaleo. but I know some time down the road we'll see each other again. I hope you don't mind that I've been using your saying "my heart hurts" when I talk about kaleo with family.
Miss you tons!
p.s Since the end of the summer I listen to mother mother on a weekly basis, and think of you. :)

Katie said...

abby!! abs .. abby girl! a to the b ...
ems, sweet not sure what that is but cool. dang girl i miss you. casino eh .well life is a gamble. haha . glad to hear whats new abs!