Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Army?

Hey guys.
So big news, i got into my first choice pre-med program! I am stoked about that. I am starting to think about my future a little bit more more now. I must admit that even in like February the thought of becoming a doctor seemed impossible but now that I have gotten into Biomedical Sciences it seems to be more of a reality, though I am still terrified that I will not be able to do it, or am not smart enough to keep the grades, basically terrified of failure. However the only way one can really be brave about something is by doing it while still afraid, it promotes growth as a human. So I am starting to look at medical schools and the grades I will need to get into them from this pre-med program. Having said that I would appreciate prayer for this as I have recently started to consider going through the Canadian Armed Forces to become a Doctor. Meaning when I apply for medical schools in three years I will also be applying for the Military. Or I will complete pre-med and medical school, work for a while on my own then apply to become a Medical Officer. I am not sure what had gotten me into thinking about the army all of a sudden and I know that I have a bit of time to think these things through, but given how competitive medical schools are it does not hurt to start planning out things now.
    So i would appreciate prayer to get through pre-med and if the army is the way for me to go that it would be made known to me, or if going through to be an oncologist or another specialist in a civilian physician status that that would be made known to me too.
    I would also like to inform you all that over the past to years my relationship with God has been relatively non-existent. I am not however starting to explore again and have decided with my choice of career, wanting to be a doctor, I need to solidify a faith in God or not have one at all. I would also appreciate prayer in this as I explore where it is that i stand.
     Thanks,
            Much Love
                           Abby
           



No comments: