Friday, January 23, 2009

Introducing Kaleo Seven...

This Blog is an expression of the fast-forming community of Kaleo Seven. It is yours to post your stories, your dreams, pics, videos, prayer requests, rants and news.

True, there is such a thing as Facebook, and you may think that the blog thing is for old people who think other people actually read what they write.

But this one gets read. Not only will you find yourself going back to it often, but Kaleo students from the past six years are also looking over your shoulder, and at the moment gasping that there is such a thing as Kaleo Seven. That's you, by the way. This blog will be a great way for you to talk to all of us at once.

So get on here! Tell us about you, and use the "Comments" link to respond to what other K7's write. You will be glad you did, and so will we. See you here soon!

9 comments:

VK said...

Wild, another year gone by, another Kaleo arising from the ashes of the one before it. I'm glad that I get to be the first comment on yet another year's blog! Have an amazing year guys and gals, and just as Jim said we're peeking over your shoulder as you traverse your Kaleo (and being constantly reminded of our own). Enjoy it! Much love,
-Viktor Karklins (Kaleo 4)

Sheri said...

YEAH K7!!! I am so stoked that there is a k7 blog!! This is exciting.. I cant wait to meet you guys!!
~Sheri (k5)

Shannon Grochowski said...

Oh wow K7 blog is up and facebook page has been created!! Jim noooooooooo! Well Kaleo 7'ers you are in for the year of your life I tell you what! I am a Kaleo 6'er and it saddens me that they are already looking for K7's and we aren't even out the door yet! BUT it is so exciting to know that Kaleo will continue on with new faces and fresh minds just waiting to soak up all the adventures, community and of course the academics ..lol! This experience has grown and shaped me in ways that I never thought were possible. However words of advice, BE PATIENT! Gods timing is amazing and he will shape you in time. Take the time to listen to his voice!
Much Love from your Kaleo Sister in Christ,
Shannon Allison :)

Kristen said...

K7? O man! I remember when Jim Badke first pitched Kaleo at camp! Know that you have a great prayer support coming in from people that you haven't even met! I can't wait to see what God is going to do through you guys!
Blessings!

Kristen (4 years on Qwanoes Staff and engaged a K2)

Lauren said...

WOOOOO!
Well Jimbug, I'm on here now, and impressed with the amount of past kaleos already creeping the blog. You make me smile, you lovely people.

I'm trying to supress excitement (See post numero tres.)...but I want so much to be excited!! Eep!

Also: Please remember to finish Matthew's interview, dear man.

So much love for you, and you and you and you....

DERKSON said...

Kaleo 7!!! HOLY LORD, You are good, wow, we've 2 up'd now on the seasons of LOST...LOL, Welcome all, haha, this is K3 speaking here!

Michelle said...

OHh you know i'm going to creep this blog all the TIME.. I'm excited for you guys and hope to get to know you lots!

julie anna said...

Haha, Jim, I totally was gasping at the thought of Kaleo Seven. Has it really been that long since "I am Kaleo"?? Glad to see that things are still going strong!

-Julie (Kaleo One)

Kristi said...

WOW!!! Can't believe Kaleo 7 will be starting in september. It seems forever ago you were just telling me about this program when I was in CIT way back in 2001. Well Kaleo 7, get ready for the time of your life and to be transformed. And if you ever go to the guesthouse, try to imagine 12 girls living in that house for the first kaleo!

Kristi (Kaleo 1)