Saturday, December 12, 2009

I have the worst luck with travel.

Hello everyone. Hope you are finding home to be wonderful. So far my time away from Kaleo has been a gong show. haha I rode on a bus with the New Life youth group to Vancouver for the Toby Mac and Relient K, Winter Wonder Slam tour. We shopped in Langley for the afternoon then went to the concert. The concert was... amazing (to say the least) I most definitely enjoyed myself. But even more exciting then the music, I ran into Lauren Villines, Ben Schmit, Matthew Newton, John Lansink, Phil Stibbs, and Britnee and Alex (from junior high camp). THEN I got to meet an artist known as "B Reith". One word... GORGEOUS! haha, by far, one of the most good looking people I have ever met. Like seriously, God was in a good mood when he made him! HAHA. Jokes, but yeah, beautiful. Then we stayed in a church in who knows where (we were driving at night, the windows were fogged, it was a long drive, I was half asleep). This morning we woke up bright and early and went shopping in Richmond, ate at the Old Spaghetti Factory, then picked up one of the guys from a soccer game. Now it was time to head to the airport. They were going to drop me off at 3:30 then drive to the ferry terminal. But a cop pulled us over because we were leaking gas, and when we opened the motor to see what was wrong the entire bus filled with exhaust. So we all got off the bus, then took all our stuff off the bus. And with the cops help flagged down 5 hotel shuttles which took all 47 people to the airport. Then they rented limos to take everyone to the ferry where someone is bringing a bus to pick them up on the other side. So I got here earlier then expected and found out my plan leaves at 6:30. haha What a gong show. But so much fun. And basically I had an amazing last week as an Islander, and my ENTIRE youth group came to the airport to say goodbye to me. haha So now as I sit in the Van airport and write this to you all, I hope you are loving on your families and getting as excited as I am for Christmas!

Love you all,
Bria (K7)

P.S. It snowed in Duncan today! AND They have lots of snow where I'm going! YAY!

4 comments:

Matthew said...

That sounds like rad luck to me, scoring limo's, etc! The concert was great hey? It was great seeing you again before the break, hope your Christmas is amazing =)

Matthew

Ellie =D said...

of course it would snow once we left! I hope it stays till we get home =D. I am glad you enjoyed yourself at the concert! love ya
Ellie =D

Lauren said...

Bria! I'm so glad we ran into each other at the concert, it just made my night even better than I thought it could be :)

Genuine Jader said...

Wow epic story!
Have a great Christmas Bria!