Saturday, May 14, 2011

Hello everyone, here is a little update.


(This is Melanie's and Clay's cat Mack, he is the ugliest thing in the world but so great in many ways I wouldn't be able to describe how.)


So. My original plans to go back to the farm were seemingly set in stone until after a chat with my aunt and uncle advising me to get out of town. The nearest and most probable solution was to go and live with my sister Melanie and her husband Clay up in Cold Lake and get a job in the oil patch. After asking my mother if she would allow me to leave for the summer, even after I just got back from Briercrest a few short weeks earlier. Clay got me a job with a phone call to a company called Linden Oil. i am going to have to give up getting a tan this summer because i have to wear coveralls and a hard hat all the time but i think that paying for school and then some will be worth not getting dark like all you camp folk. Pretty much the reason I came up here to work boils down to making money for school which it is looking pretty go so far. Also, my plans have changed once again for schooling. I looked at myself and honestly asked if I thought I could be a Doctor. I think if I applied myself and worked really hard I could. But then thought that having 8-10 years of more schooling I would rather toss myself out of a moving vehicle. I came back to firefighting and I think that I am going to pursue. I am still going to school in the fall in Lethbridge but not into premedical but I am registered in their EMR course.

2 comments:

Matthew said...

Adorbs photo.

Nicole Venton said...

Nice work Nate. I think you are being wise. I know how you feel with not wanting to be in school for ever. I'm the same way. Good to hear that you have some clarity in what you want for the future. Also you are right. that cat is ugly.