So...Things are going pretty good. I am falling back in love with Jesus and he is revealing things to me about me that I didn't know. So that is good, scratch that, that is great. I have been listening to Mark Driscoll in the mornings on my way to work and that is helping me develop a hunger for the word again. Praise be to God.
As for things with Emma, I haven't really had much contact with her but that's probably a good thing. I have been reading a book titled '5 love languages'. Good book. It has opened my eyes. I have not been showing Emma that I love her in a way that she understands. Her love language is gifts and I have been cheep. You know me, I'm a saver. But by not spending money on her she isn't feeling loved. Ouch. It sucks when you don't feel loved and then you feel neglected and hurt. I have been hurting her by not giving her gifts. They don't have to be expensive, but gifts none the less. Almost done reading that book and will probably read it again before I talk to her. It's a really good book.
But things are going pretty good. I am also meeting new people and reconnecting with old friends. Things are going good. Thanks for all your prayers. Praise be to God
Your Grandpa,
Bob Drinkwater
P.s Nate that is one ugly cat
1 comment:
Bob, I love hearing how you are learning in every circumstance especially this one with Emma because that is what life is all about. And frankly girls are weird and confusing and very much often not to the point which leaves you in a mind confuffle. Living with my sister and husband open my eyes to the situations and standards that drive relationships. And yes there are arguments and disagreements but the point of the relationship is to power through those things and just love each other. I am so proud that you didn't just drop things and call the quits but pushed through the veil of the unknown (which is very thick and hard to see through when it comes to women hahaha) and fought to persevere. Thanks for posting man much appreciated to hear from you. And yes, that cat is ugly but I took a nap with him the other day and when I woke up I was very pleased.
Post a Comment