Thursday, June 4, 2009

Wonderful Thailand

Hey Kaleos! I wanted to share a couple of photos from my adventure with you - what an adventure it was! Thank you for your prayers, God was so evidently with us, teaching us, helping us.
Can I encourage you to pray for these faces, and places?


This little man on the left is autistic, and his friend there, I think thinks he's a superhero. I got to play with these kids for a couple of hours while their parents were at church. The boy on the left, when I was showing him how to use my camera, took the most beautiful picture of the entire trip - just ask Jim Badke.



This is Ngaam, another girl from Sunday school. Her name translates to mean "beautiful", and well, isn't she?! She's a really special lady - if you met her, she'd probably give you a flower bud, it's kind of her thing.

These treasures live in a community of houses that were built for families whose homes were destroyed in the tsunami. After all that devastation, they still have the most profound sense of joy and love that I've ever seen.

These girls were in the tsunami aswell, but can't you just feel their joy?

An out the window shot on our travels, a little taste of driving through Phuket.
Blessings of hope in your hearts,
Laur

2 comments:

Kristie said...

So good to see you sharing photos and telling stories Lauren - keep em coming! I have photo of Ngaam up in my room, and whenever I see her I pray for her (and think of you).

Love you.

Anonymous said...

Laur,

Beautiful pictures..really beautiful. Thanks for sharing a glimpse of your time in Thailand. What a beautiful woman of God you are.

Peace.