The other day I was doing my devotions and for some reason I was feeling quite flustered, a combination of many thoughts and questions running through my mind. I was also frustrated that every time I would spend time alone to find God, I wouldn't find him much less hear from him. I would ask him many questions and seemingly get no response. Near the end of my devotions, I was reading a handout that I was given at church and in it the author described a situation much similar to mine that he had been through. As a solution God gave him the Bible verse Matthew 18:20 "For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them." After reading this verse, I realized I was trying to live the Christian life without the utilizing the Body of Christ, Instead I would try and follow God all on my own. I also realized that have never really been spiritually connected with my church family. With Kaleo around the corner, this made me much more excited to meet you guys, to start connecting on a spiritual level and grow closer our Creator. Bring it on!!
Just thought I'd share my experience.
Trent
3 comments:
Hi Trent!
I have been feeling the same way. It is like you read your Bible and do your alone time, but you never feel any closer. It was good to hear I am not the only one with this (misery likes complany =D). What an amazing experience we have before us! Can't wait to meet you all in the fall!
Wow, it's great hearing from people who, when truly understand something from the scriptures, have a desire to follow through on it as well. I've heard that verse used out of context far to often. I'm stoked to meet you Trent.
okay. so i definitely started a blog post on the K8 blog with the same title. Eugene Meltsner, ftw.
Post a Comment