Saturday, June 26, 2010

Who cares about titles anyways?

Kaleofolk,

Well, finally I have a weekend with absolutely nothing to do! All my friends are gone and my grandparents (The ones that I’m working for / living with) are gone for my cousins grad ceremony. Now I actually have time to exercise my competitive nature and try to beat Jim’s new puppy for number of posts on the blog. I believe this one puts us at a tie. Haha just kidding. I can’t really remember how much I have said about my current situation so I’ll give a recap. My uncle, who is my foreman, is really tough on me at work. He rarely, if ever says something positive about my work. He always finds something to complain about or some way to insult me. He is a Christian man but I do not see many fruits of the spirit coming from him. I have been praying much about our relationship until one day when I was totally fed up and discontent with how we interact. I mean really, we are both Christian men we should be encouraging each other and not tearing each other to bits. So at that climax of my discontentment I fell on my knees (literally fell, while I was having a shower) and prayed that God would bring this to an end. The very next day, my uncle said we needed to chat so we did and he offered me an apology for the way he had been treating me and for the unreasonable expectations that he had of me. I noticed a difference in his behavior right away. He would actually take time to explain things to me rather than assuming that I know exactly what he is thinking. But ever since it has been hard to talk on an open and honest level with him. Please be praying that God would give me patience as I have been relying on my own patience which is quickly running out.
I am also quite discontent with the whole concept of life. I have a huge desire to completely forsake everything that American culture has ever fed me. I don’t want to get a job and work for the rest of my life because I don’t want to miss out on why I was put here in the first place. In my current situation, I have hardly any time or opportunities for ministry (at least to my eyes). I desire to serve God but it doesn’t seem like I am doing very much for him right now. All I do is work, sleep, devotions, guitar and eat… and it’s driving me crazy! Please pray.

(btw Jade, it’s not a guitar modulator, it’s an astable multivibrator.)

Masterpiece

3 comments:

Jeremy Derksen said...

T-Bone McKone! It is good to hear from you. Your story of your prayer for your uncle reminded me of this verse. "The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective"- James 5:16.
I understand very much what you feel about not having enough time for ministry. I miss being involved in something like that, and I too simply do not have time for other things that I want to do in my day. I have been encouraged though recently in reading through the sermon on the mount. "But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness and all these things will be added to you" Matt. 6:33. Keep running towards righteousness, and he will take care of everything else. I have found that when I have this as my focus above everything else, he has provided for me in ways that just don't make sense. Also, Matt. 5:16 "In the same way let your light shine before others that they may see your good works and give glory to your father who is in heaven." Pray that the Lord would make your work your ministry. You are in the place that the Lord wants you right now, there is no greater place to be than there. Just some thoughts that I have been thinking about for myself recently.
Love and miss you lots T-Bone.

TimfromNB. said...

Hey brother. I think it is really cool that many of the guys in Kaleo are working in trades type jobs where the people we work with can be very rough and the environment may sometimes challenge us in our steadfastness and faithfulness in following Christ as our example. I can relate to having some people who pressure me but I want to say that I am proud of you. You pray for those who persecute you. That takes incredible character and obedience, things that we saw God build in you this past year. His work has taken root and he is using you to change those around you. As cliche as it sounds, your work is your ministry. I think God has you where you are to impact your uncle, which you are doing. We live a ministry, that is the deal of following Christ, and it is sweet! Excellent perseverance and devotion and I thank God for his grace and power in your life. May Grace continue to be with you Masterpiece. Much love brother. Cheers.

Anonymous said...

You really are an incredible masterpiece.