Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Praise God From Whom All Blessings Flow

Wow, I'm sitting here just in awe of what God's been doing in my life this week. I can't get over how he's continued to bless me past kaleo. Nicole talked in her post about this past weekend that I went up to a work weekend at Camp Widjiitiwin (The camp that I'm going to be working at this summer). It was a really good time of meeting new people, seeing old friends, and getting stoked on summer ministry oporrtunities that God's going to be giving us in the months to come.

On the way home from camp I stopped at my friends house for bible study. There are five of us who meet every Sunday night before we meet with all the youth on Wednesday night. We were in Phillipians and were reading the part where Paul says, "To Live is Christ and to Die is Gain!" These words rattled us as we looked at them and really examined our lives and what these words lived out would look like. I was reminded of the mindset we all had going into the olympics and realized that I still wasn't considering my work a mission field as much as just a job. We all prayed for boldness, love and new and God honoring perspective.

Tuesday felt kinda like the day after the "little kid paddling a canoe without going anywhere" speech. I had such an awesome opportunity to share the gospel with someone I was working with. It was so freeing to step up and speak about things I loved without fear of being thought less of. Less of me is a good thing anyway right?

Today we had bible study at church with all the youth and we talked in our groups about some of the same stuff we had talked about on Sunday night. The night ended with a time of worship, prayer and reflection. God is definitley working in the hearts of the youth at my Church.

Pray that God would continue to pour out blessings and bring hope into a church that hasn't seen much of it lately. Also pray that I would continue to see everything that's going on as what it is, a gift from God, not anything I've done.

What do you have that you did not recieve? If then you recieved it why do you boast as if you did not recieve it? 1 cor 4:7

From Him and through Him and to Him are all things. To him be glory forever. Amem rom. 11:36

2 comments:

Jessica-Lyn said...

I am really happy that it was such a good night over at the ol' BYOB

Kaity said...

haha! Here I thought it was a bible study - I must have misread the post :) jk - May God keep pouring his blessing over your life James, may he keeping working in and through you and moulding you to be more like himself. Thanks for sharing.