Now for the story.
Well by now you've probably heard bits and pieces. In June, Jim and I recognized that I wasn't "recovering" energy/emotionally-wise from Kaleo, and so we realized that something needed to change. Eventually that meant leaving camp for the summer, with plans to return in September. I found out that my i
I was on my road to recovery when I received a call from camp informing me that they did not feel right in asking me back to the same position, because of the likelihood of becoming exhausted was high, and so I was let go from my job there. This deeply saddened me as I had been planning on leading the wonderful K8s.
...BUT THE LORD!
The LORD has been so good to me! So much grace! Seeing His hand at work in all of this. Providing for me, as well as for Kaleo, in ways that blow my mind!
I had the opportunity to take time in Ucluelet to sort through everything that had happened; a week of letting go, listening and "resting." Let me tell you: it was NOT easy. Spent most of my time wrestling through which plans were "my plans" and which were "God's plans." Surrendered my plan for missions. Submitted to His plan for my life. And so I came out with a little more clarity and a deeper delight in my Lord.
And so it began. My lesson in learning to... wait. patiently. Because I want this to be for Him and not just for me. I want this next step (whatever it is) to be Kingdom worthy and reeking of the Good News: Christ in us as we behold His Glory!
Along the way, some opportunities have opened up. Last Friday I was chatting with a good friend of mine, Jenna Coyle, who worked at Qwanoes during K6. Out of the BLUE she asked me if I wanted to move to Kelowna and in with her. Her roommate had just decided to move out. Well, the Lord nudged my heart and before the evening was out I had a new place to live and an answer to my prayer in that He would provide good friends and fellowship for this next part of my journey.
The second opportunity is still forming. A few days before I Jenna and I chatted, I was asked to consider a potential ministry position in none other than Kelowna!! Although this position has not even been created yet, I sense that this is a direction I need to move forward in. The position would involve coordinating mission trips for youth groups. We have just started the conversation, but it seems to fit with what the Lord has been teaching me. "Wait Patiently." "Walk forward in faith." "Be faithful in the Little Things." And "Trust me in this."
And so I go! I really have no idea what is in store for me in Kelowna. But I have my Lord's peace that this is a step in the right direction.
Currently I am packing up my apartment, praying that somehow my stuff will get shipped to Kelowna, and saying goodbye to people here on the Island. On October first I will start my cross-country road-trip. I am hoping to drop off some stuff in Kelowna and then keep going on to Manitoba so I can spend time with my family before I return to Kelowna in November (with hopefully a quick stop at Briercrest... but SHHH!! Don't tell anyone! It's gonna be a surprise!)
I would LOVE prayer for provision of all the little details:
- that the Lord would provide a way to get my stuff to Kelowna.
- for the perfect job(s) for this time.
- for good weather and traveling safety.
- for blessed times of fellowship in this new season of my little life.
- that I would continue to abide in the Lord - to "walk with Him" - through this entire journey.
925 Tataryn Road
Kelowna, BC
V1X 1N6
... but my email is still the same: messythrillinglife@gmail.com
And so, another chapter opens and the adventure begins!...
7 comments:
Kristie! Thanks for sharing with us. I will remember you in prayer. Just a word of encouragement, I can already smell the Good news from here! May God bless your ministry in Kelowna.
P.S. Let me know if you're stopping around Edmonton on your way to Manitoba.
WOOOHOOOO BABY!!! hah, being spontaneous is so exciting... but as we both know, stressful beforehand. It IS an adventure and I have great hope that you will embrace it fully! Can't wait to see you either at B-crest or home... thanksgiving maybe :D.
Hales
"God is good, all the time. All the time, God is good!"
Isn't he though? This was a ray of sonshine on a cloudy day. I really enjoyed reading of your faithfulness, and joy and knowledge and assurance you have in God. I'm anxious to see what else God is going to do with you Kristie.
KRISTIE!!!! WE CAN HANG OUT OFTEN!!! OH MAN!!! THE FULL OUT CAPS IS THE ONLY WAY TO EXPRESS HOW EXCITED I AM FOR WHERE GOD HAS PLACED YOU! I LOVE YOU SOOOO MUCH SISTER! CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOUR BEAUTIFUL FACE!
Kristie, I too got some blood work done a month ago and my body only had 14% iron in the blood..... so I've been on liquid iron for the past month and eating iron enriched foods. so I definitely know what your going through.
I'm really excited that God has called you to kelowna. I've heard that Jenna is an amazing cook and baker. Can't wait to hear all about your time there. keep us updated!
Love you LOTS!
Kristie !
I feel so encouraged by this journey !
You have my prayers, looking forward to hearing how He continues to guide,
all my love !
KRISTIE.
I LIKE YOU, AND AM PRAYING FOR YOU.
Post a Comment