As I came home there was a couple set backs that throw me for a bit of a loop but along with that there were some very clear blessing. I needed a job when I got home and the first place I went to was a coffee shop close to my house and they hired me on the spot. So far that job has been amazing. There is surprisingly a lot to learn but I'm starting to get more comfortable there. I absolutely love the people there. That was such a blessing for me. I also felt a little discouraged when i came home. because I am not going to school this year, I thought it would be sweet to get involved with my church more. I was pumped to be there with my friends again this year growing and learning with them. Shortly after realizing how excited I was, I found out that our church is going through a pretty hard time right now. What was two services is now joined again to one and and old paster we had years ago is back. Anyways this seems to be a problem for a lot of people. Lots of people have left the church including some of my closest friends. I am also realizing that my schedule is a lot different than a lot of my friends who are in school this year. Lots of them also live far away. So I guess I was hoping to really build my friendships stronger this year but that is proving to be harder than I expected. But like I said, with a little discouragement comes a lot of hope. I guess I'm learning that God has some big things in store for me this year. Not exactly what I had in mind but hey when is God ever predictable? With my friends being far away and busy I am going to have a lot more time to hang out with my sisters and my parents and maybe be able to reach other people in Bradford that I wouldn't have normally. I does feel lonely and kind of boring hear at times but I want to make the best out of this year.
Oh and by the way camp was awesome. I learned so much. I had 2 cor 12:9-10 set on my heart all summer as I faced difficulties and fears I was hesitant on overcoming. I prayed that God would give me his strength and he did! E tow! All my fears turned from huge mountains to small, insignificant ant hills. God was really at work this summer. Not only in me but in all of Widjiitiwin. Our numbers our going up for the first time in years and the camp is finally starting to move forward after many years of slowly falling apart. There have been lots of changes lives and renewed hearts and I love that I can give God all the credit. Seriously nothing we could have done would have accomplished the work God did there. Anyways thanks for your prayers for strength and vulnerability (the words I left you guys to pray for me leaving Kaleo) I would love if you could all continue to pray for me and my church this year. I love you all and miss you a lot.

This is me and my roommate for the summer, about to own at our camps famous full contact field game, Widji B-ball!!!
Also one more thing, MY SISTER IS GETTING MARRIED!

Tori, Looking pretty excited about her new ring!
1 comment:
Nikkers!
Dang... I miss you like you wouldn't believe.. not that you don't know that already.
Keep high hopes for your year this year. Don't underestimate what the Lord can do with a soft and attentive heart. Be patient in all the good things he has in store for you.
You are SO beautiful and I love you!
Hales
Post a Comment