Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Hey peeps. Its been good learning a bit about all of you so heres a little bit about me. My name is John Lansink. I live in White Rock BC where its never very hot or very cold. For those of you who dont know white rock, its about as close to the ocean you can get (I can walk there in 5 minutes xd). I cant wait to meet all you guys and learn more about God with all you. Ive been lucky to grow up in a christian household with my awesome parents and sister. My first real experience with God was when I was 5 or 6 years old, and ive been following him as best I can since then. I was babtized when I was 15 years old along with my sister. I am on the youth leadership team at my church but unfortunantly I am still without a paying job. But its not all bad, it makes me and my friends find cheap stuff to do, that usually ends up being really fun anyways. I am in grade 12 right now so most of my time is still being devoted to school and other "great stuff" like that. uhm.... also im pretty into sports. Im not really super pro at anything but the 4 that I like to do and watch the most are rugby, weightlifting, fencing, and boxing. With any spare time I love to bust out the videogames, listen to music, or just have fun out and about with my epic friends. Unfortunantly I cant rock out on the guitar like all you other hardcore kids (unless you count Rock Band). Looking forward to meeting all of you in person and ill be praying for you. Cya!


9 comments:

Matthew said...

welcome to k7! finally someone else from bc! what school do you go to? my dad lives in WR, so i know a lot of people out there.. what school do you go to?

lookin forward to meetin ya

-matthew.

John said...

hey dude, haha, yeah its nice to see another BC'er. I go to Semiahmoo Secondary, its just into the south surrey area. what about yourself?

Matthew said...

Sweet man, I went to Sullivan Heights in South Surrey for a semester but otherwise have been at Charles Best Secondary in Coquitlam for the rest of it.

i'll admit, I was hanging out with Lauren, another potential k7 last night, and decided to Fbook search you to see if we knew any of the same wr people, and whaddya know, we had some mutual friends. Dude you know Lee Bedard? That guy was one of my campers last summer, I actually drive out and visit him and his friend Garrett from time to time. Such a cool kid.. How do you know him?

John said...

He's friends with one of my good buddies in church so hes come and chillaxed with us a few times for youth.

Matthew said...

oh sweet, what church're you at?

John said...

Ive been going to White Rock Babtist for a while now. Thats the church I grew up in but i viseted my friends church for a while but now im back at WRBC again which is pretty sick. You ever been out there

Matthew said...

can't say i have... i go to Coquitlam Alliance, but for a bit i was checking out Peace Portal and Surrey Alliance kinda out your way more.. oh and youth church at white rock christian academy... what was your friends church?

John said...

He goes to St. Marks. Its an anglican church but its one thats not into all the weird stuff the anglicans are doing lately ya know. I hit up peace portal a couple of times too. they have a pretty massive youth group there if youve ever gone. well compared to mine its massive.

Jer said...

fencing?...wicked