Heya K-sev!
Well, it's been a bit too long since I've posted on this baby, so I thought I'd hook you an update.
First of all, I hope you kids are into tree-climbing, because I thoroughly enjoy it. Expect many barefoot, and tree climbing escapades this year.
Well, I haven't yet told you, but I have huge news!! In just over a month I will be in Thailand!! I'm going to be there for a solid three weeks, mainly loving and teaching girls who are trapped in the sex trade. I'm so excited!!! Which, at a second glance is kind of a weird thing to say.. but I am so excited for the victories Christ will show to us while during the trip.
-Please pray for the Lord's perfect provision. I'm running behind in my payments, and it can be incredibly stressful, especially when I don't have a steady income.
So, my going away right in the middle of now and summer makes it a teensy bit hard to save up for Kaleo. It's hard to get a job when your about to leave for three weeks. (Not to mention, leave for the summer shortly after).
I'm in quite a struggle to discover where Christ would have me this year. I'm really not good with decisions. A part of me wants so badly to be a part of the already developing K-fam, and a part of me, to be honest, is absolutely terrified. That fear makes it easy to not want to go sometimes..do you know what I mean?
With a mix of excitement, and frusterated sighs I thought it would be good to write to you all about this. Please pray for clarity, for desires that reflect the heart of Christ, and for discipline in the things I need to be getting done.
I'm sorry I haven't commented on your beautiful intro-posts yet, you should know that I think you all look incredible! Thank you for sharing with us!
OH!
This just in: the other night, upon wondering what we should do after family dinner, Jim Badke looked across the table at me and said
No lie.
"I want to watch High School Musical."
No lie.
Grace and peace with you.
10 comments:
Lauren i had no idea that you were going to thyland (or how ever you spell that)... I want to hear alllll about it!!!!
HSM really Jim Bad??
I think a tea date is in order :)
For anyone who wants to see some of my updates about what's to come for the trip, here's a little blog:
http://www.welcomethemhome.blogspot.com
Well I hope you have quite the trip. This will definitely be in my prayers. I'll also pray extra hard for Jim, anyone who even thinks such a thing needs lots of prayer.
will keep you in my prayer Lauren =D
I have been misquoted... or something!
loved the quote! he he
again, soo pumped for you Laur..hopin for a road trip or finding some means of stopping by for a visit this coming school year.
much love my dear!
Keerstin
(K4)
Lauren wow!
you've come so far from our missions trip to Venezuela... i think you should push Jim into another south American adventure haha. anyways I'm proud of you Lil sis.
Love yea
Brother Andrew
P.S. I will be praying for you
I cant believe Jim would fall like that.
I vow to never watch another High School Musical movie again!
Jim and I were cruelly tricked into it the first time, and now he has succumbed to some evil power, but I will never give in!
UMMM wow. Thailand sounds awesome, I'm yet to go on a over seas mission trip and i really want to soon, ill deffinatly be praying for you while your their and for God to show you exactly where he wants you.
Matt
ps at first i thought you said climbing trees without shoes and i was like this girl is a serious tree climber
ps Matt - climbing trees without shoes is the only way to do it. Fo realz.
Jim, Jere...come on now...let's not pretend it didn't happen.
Post a Comment