Monday, June 14, 2010

Home is where the heart is. I mean camp is where the heart is.




ok Tim, I'm posting something. You should be happy.

So I am sitting on the back porch of the long house at camp Widjitiiwin just enjoying being here. I moved in to my new cabin for the summer yesterday. I love being in a cabin surrounded by trees. It makes me feel like I am interacting a little more with Gods creation. I'm getting my roof redone tomorrow too. Soon I will be settled in completely to my little home. The spring is flying by. As the summer is getting closer I'm getting more and more pumped for campers to come. I feel like my heart is in a better place this summer with camp ministry then it ever has been before. I would love if you guys could continue to pray that I will be able to live off Gods strength this summer and that i will continue to "recklessly abandon myself" (off my jone's soda bottle) and leave behind all fear. I want this summer to be drive on love. I know that God loves me so much and it is my prayer that I can give that love back to God by serving his people. I want also to learn more about how big God is. Well I can thank you guys enough for continuing to pray. I love that. I really want to get more in the habit of praying constantly.

hey here (up top) are some picture of camp so you have an idea of where I am staying. There is a picture of the longhouse (for chapel, meals, rock climbing, and a bunch of stuff) and the waterfront.

I love you all very much by the way. I think it is important that you know that.

love you 310 lady, Nicole


3 comments:

Haley said...

NICOLE!
I LOVE YOU. I think you know that, but I think I will tell you again anyways, repetitively, to keep it fresh in your mind.
I like your prayer to recklessly abandon yourself. I am so glad to hear that you are getting excited about the campers coming and the summer! I miss you dearly and will continue to pray for you love.
your 310 sista,
Hales

p.s. props for posting, and pictures!!!

Jim Badke said...

Good to hear from you, Nicole! I hope you have a wonderful summer of helping create the environment where God will do his work. Stay in touch!

Katie said...

this is fantastic news ! im so happy that your suckin it all in . continue to be strong.