First my job consists of me and three other people traveling around MN, Iowa and Illinois putting on day camps for churches. I am heading up the soccer/Ultimate part of it. We will be working with elementary-middle school aged kids. Our team is already coming together, we've talked, facebooked, and emailed each other, I am not worried about coming together, especially when we all have the same goals in mind. We have a team verse picked out, Romans 15:5-6, and we all picked an individual verse, I kept running with our Olympic verse, Col. 4:2-6. Anyhow, if you guys could pray for energy for our team, that would be awesome because we have a freakin' 6:30am wake up time! I think they are underestimating how long it takes for me to get ready. this is going to be ridiculous. getting up early and pouring into the kids' lives each day is going to drain us both physically and spiritually.
That's kinda my job. Me personally, I am doing very well. I have not been keeping in my daily reading as much as I would like, but I have been more honest with my friends about what Kaleo was and why I am continuing on to B crest, and just other things.
One thing I do want to share with you is what I've been learning. I have been making my way through the psalms (1/3 of the way done!) and have realized the amazing amount it talks about God as a Shield, Rock, Salvation, Strength, Fortress, and most frequently a Refuge. I am still learning what God as my refuge means, but it is something I am discovering about God. It has definitely affected and shaped my prayers.
well that's about it, oh wait, what do you call a fish that has to ski? (check the comments)
-Gentle Ben
7 comments:
A MUSKY!
Ben! You are hilarious. I miss your jokes! :)
Come on man, 6:30?! Piff, that's nothin'. Do you remember vaguley awaking at 3:45am to 'Someone come and someone come and save my life'! Just bugging you though.
Your job sounds really sweet with lots of oppurtunties for serving others as well as fun. I will be praying for your team and the kids you'll meet! Thanks for letting us know how we can pray more effectively for you Ben. I am excited to see what God will do through you, come back with lots of stories! We can have you tell us all bedtime stories on skype ok? haha
your sister,
Hales
of course he doesnt remember that and thinks 630 is early hales
he was on sliding center and slept in all the time :P
But what you guys don't remember is that Matt and I heard that song everyday because that was Nate's alarm for the whole year!
Ben, I am so proud of you! This job is going to be challenging and encouraging in different ways for you - I totally look forward to whats in store for your team. PS pics ARE coimng :)
Ben, I am so proud of you! This job is going to be challenging and encouraging in different ways for you - I totally look forward to whats in store for your team. PS pics ARE coimng :)
hey now - comment stealer!
Post a Comment