Sunday, June 20, 2010

The JC Unit!

First off if you are only going to read one blog post, read the one below mine by abby. if you have time to read two, read hers, I really enjoyed reading it.

So, our team the JC unit did camp this past week, and i wanted to let you know more about this ministry. One it is extremely exhausting. there is absolutely no down time. this past week we had two camps a day, which means we unpack, run camp, tear down, drive, unpack, setup and run another camp (6:40am-10:30pm). Sportslife Camps is all about no down time, or waiting around, we always have the kids singing silly songs, playing games, or doing something. we are always preparing for the next activity. It has been great so far, we did have a blast (literally, we had camp during a tornado), and we are impacting these young kids' lives.

My teammates are sweet, the other guy on the team is so excited about just about everything, he's great. and the other two girls are just amazing. They are super fun to run camp with.

hopefully i'll be able to talk with some of you guys sometime this week because we only have one camp a day, and the house we are staying at is baller ( hot tub, heated floors in the bathroom, 60" flat screen, etc) so i will (hopefully) have more down time after camp. I have mentioned you guys a lot to my teammates, and I have told them so many stories about you guys.

well i don't know what else to post...

oh I know, the church i attended had a baptism today...for a baby. BAPTISM! WOOHOO!


-DJ Jammin', woodsman Ben, the prophet and Gentle Ben. whew! the names are piling up!


2 comments:

Genuine Jader said...

BAPTISM! Oh no you di'int! *snapsnapsnap* Haha jk.
I hope a random doesn't read this comment, they won't get it.
Anyway, I'm so glad you have such a sweet team to work with. Enjoy the little moments and the big moments, have fun, and I will be praying for energy for you so that long hours will have nothin on you!
Oh and you forgot Abby's nickname- Ben10.

TimfromNB. said...

Ben, I would say that that you have it rough but that would seem a bit ridiculous as you read this in the hottub, watching some FIFA the 60" flat screen. But I will be praying for you, that sounds like an intense pace. Hope that you aren't destroyed by Tornadoes while playing ultimate with some kids. Actually I will pray for that too, just to be safe. Hope God shows you some incredible things. Cheers brother.