So I want all of you to imagine that you are in the lounge of PWL. Alright, you are doing homework, the room is totally silent. The book you are reading for David Ernst's course is just getting good then.....BAM!! Nick VanSnick just happens to run into the glass door window with his face pressed against it in an excited fit. Ok so now that the stage is set I'm going to give you guys some sweet deets on what's so exciting. :)
Now I want all of you to go back to one of our last chapel's that we shared together. During this chapel I shared that I was going to begin to formulate some sort of plan for my Big Journey ahead of me. So that's exactly what I started when I got home. I looked into crossing the Atlantic by boat, then was looking into what kind of route I would be taking. I played with a few ideas but they all started with ministry in England (because I have a contact there). After I did some research on England a bit, I thought I would try and figure out a second leg for my Journey. So I looked about going through a bit of Europe but was leaning on spending more time traveling through Turkey and down through into Israel (mainly to experience some of the places Paul did). Then I came through Israel into Egypt. That's when I thought to myself, "Self, I wouldn't mind making Egypt my second big (planned) ministry stop." But I had to leave my thoughts about that where they were because I thought it might be more important to look into contacts for in England and then along the way to Egypt. That's when it happened. Less than a week after my initial thoughts about Egypt came to me I got an email from my pastor who had something forwarded to him about an opportunity to go to Egypt on a short term mission trip with Samaritan's Purse (SP) this summer. I stared at my computer for 10 minutes because I couldn't believe this opportunity so randomly came to me.
So immediately I tried to seek some counsel about this endeavor and at the end of things I want you to know that.... I'M GOING TO EGYPT!! Is there enough excitement in that last sentence :P From July 23-Aug 5 I will be in in Egypt mainly Cairo and a small community somewhere south of Cairo. We don't have many details on the trip, partly because we are the first team to do this with SP and also that Egypt is a Muslim country. Some of the stuff we are going to be doing is possibly a health clinic in the Dead City, perhaps a few things in Garbage City, and (Kristie you will be glad to know) some playing with children. We are going to be mainly focusing on building relationships with the people as well as coming alongside the churches that are there to support them in any way we can.
Now comes the part of the show in which I ask you to partner with me. I would mostly ask for you to please pray for the team that we can be effective. Like I said we are going to mostly be building relationships with the people. Also pray for the health of all of us. I would also ask if it's possible for you to donate $5 or $10 towards this it would be greatly appreciated. I understand that money is tight with school and all so please don't feel obliged. This is a link to where you can print off a donation form and send it in (Click Here).
Well I've probably written way too much but this is going to be a very valuable experience for me to make some contacts in Egypt to partner with later on in my Journey. Thanks so much for listening guys, I Love you guys so much and miss you all. May God allow us to see each other again.
Blessings and Much Love,
Nick 'Pilgrim' VanSnick
3 comments:
NICK! How awesome is this eh?!!! I am sharing your excitement right now brother. I love how your dream started to take shape throughout Kaleo from Mt. Albie to when David Earnst asked us what our ideal ministry was, to your testimony, to that walking prayer time that we did. I love seeing how this dream that God has given you is taking wings. It seems sweet too that this opportunity really came to you rather than you found it. It is my privilege to support you and know this too, that I want to do a leg or two with you someday.
Keep walking Pilgrim.
Nick, God is bringing to life your dreams. It is so cool to see how your will is conformed to that of God's will and it brings you so much joy! God is bringing you these opportunities and I thank him. You are a contagious pilgrim. Spreading joy and life and love wherever you go. I know God will be using you to start of pandemic of restoration and I hope that God has a plan for me to join you for some of your journey. I am supporting you brother. May love and joy continue to ravage your heart. Cheers.
p.s. I pray that God renews your physical strength for your landscaping job.
Nick! This is so rad. I had a thought while reading this - have you heard of the couchsurfer's project? A friend of mine from camp was a part of it, pretty much a community/project/initiative to open up homes all over the world for people to stay, for free or a minimal (very!) charge. Some people get stoked on hosting, some just stick to the travelling aspect of it. You can search specifically for Christians to stay with as well. I know this isn't really applicable for your Egypt trip, but perhaps for future travels. Much love,
Matthew Newton
Post a Comment