Tuesday, July 13, 2010

L'amour


Well here is the story.


It is the kiddies I work with. They are so amazing! I am loving loving on them. Each one of them amazes me and even though there are times where they drive me crazy I can not help but see them as the little lambs that they are. Some of them come from hard family lives and the highlight of their week is coming to camp everyday. I was not sure how I would feel about working with all the kids from my Rez but I LOVE it!! And I love them. Each one is so special and it makes me excited to think that they are my campers for a reason and that I cam their counsellor for a reason. Its hard to explain, but I am sure since many of you have worked at camp I know you know how easy it is to fall in love with these precious little ones. I am pumped thinking about how I will hopefully be working with these fetuses through out the year as I try to plug into different rec. programs. Sometimes I get stressed out about my job and all the things i have to do, (organizing field trips, disciplining with out over stepping boundaries, and dedicating my fellow counsellors) but I remember who I am doing it for and how it will impact there lives and it is suddenly not so bad. All the stress is worth it if I can make their little lives happier ones for the.

So there is no guy in which I am falling in love with {at least not a this precise moment ;) got to save some stuff for later} but there are 2o little ones that I interact with daily that have taken hold of my heart.


Thats is it.


2 comments:

Jim Badke said...

Abby, you are a bum. But I am happy that it is kids you have fallen in love with. I get to do that a couple times a year, and though it is not easy to give your heart away on a regular basis, it is always worth doing, because Jesus goes with it. May God increase your capacity to love them!

"And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ—to the glory and praise of God" (Phil 1).

Ben Schmit said...

Preach it Jim! I am skeptical no longer! It warms my heart hearing about you pouring out your heart to all the kids. It sounds like they need lots of love, which you have Abby.

This whole post makes ya sit back and say "wow!" at what God has done in your life and in your heart Abby, and "wow!" at what he is doing in these kids' lives that you are touching and changing.

Thank you Abby for the Kingdom work you are doing, may you never lose sight of that.