So this friday, July 9th I leave for a lil' something called The Superweek Pro Tour down in Chicago/Milwaukee area. It's a total of 8 races in 9 days... ridiculously painful, but SO fun. This is really the only larger event I have been training for this summer and I'm super stoked to race my heart out. I would LOVE it if you guys could be praying for me before hand and in these 9 days that I would get/keep my heart in the right place and not resort to tunnel vision on winning. That I would have an incredible desire to be intentionally loving my team mates and putting them before myself. 1 John 2:15-17: 'Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world--the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride in possessions--is not from the Father but is from the world. And the world is passing away along with its desires, but whoever does the will of God abides forever.' I want Jesus to be actively living through me and be filling my thoughts. That the people around me may see Him for who he truly is. I may not have much time to be filling up in the word or any at all, but I hope that the scripture that is written on my heart would come to mind constantly. Also any prayers for safety would be appreciated as these events tend to have frequent crashes.
Hales
Here's a short video from last year's tour:
4 comments:
Haley sweet video, i had to watch it twice because i couldn't believe how fast they were going. You'll be in my prayers because i know how hard it is to keep your cool in a race when things get hot. and also pray for thighs of steel hahaha go out and win it hales.
Thanks Nate!
I'm getting really nervous. I guess one thing I could've added to my post would be that I am confident that the Lord has placed me here this summer, however, I don't want to miss His point. I don't want to become distracted and totally miss what he has in store for me this summer. I don't want to settle for anything less than what He offers.
I'll need many of those prayers for coolness and thighs of steel/mind of steel to overcome the pain.
Haley you have no idea how much I love you - cheering for you with my prayers. We SERVE A MIGHTY GOD!!!! ride ride ride Hales
Post a Comment