Sunday, October 24, 2010

Sunday, Oct 24, 2010

Hello My Beautiful Brothers and Sisters of Kaleo!

I’m living in London at the moment, working for Goodlife Fitness as a Personal Trainer…. What? Really? Yes, I went through the Canadian Fitness Professional certification, or Can fit pro. I spent an agonizing few days in training, My Body has never been pushed that hard before, well maybe Strathcona or strathAcona?? Anyways, My daily routine looks like: wake up, work by 9, train, train, meetings, workout, train, home by 7, study till 10, bed at 11, then all over again. I get Sundays off, and most of Saturday. There’s a lot to learn still, I have an exam Nov 30th, Nervous but I'm always studying, and I need to get into better shape, But I’m at a woman’s only club so to me it doesn’t feel like “work”. There’s some good benefits with working there, free gym membership and free Classes like Zumba (youtube it!!), free tanning, and 50% of all Adidas. So basically healthy insides, skin cancer, and Child labor, who could ask for a better job? “Livin the Dream”

I’m Church shopping, I’ve spent the last two months at a Baptist church that my sister and her husband go to, and I feel that’s a good amount of time to spend at a place to really rule it out. While going to that church I was also going to a community church on Saturday nights, there’s a Teen Challenge in London and that’s their church, and I can see why, Music was way to loud and I felt like I was at a Def Leopard concert. So the search is still on. Today I went to west park bap. In London, It has a “New Life” feel to it. Since New life was my first church outside of the Church of Christ, I find myself trying to find another “new life”, I really enjoyed that community. But it did take a year to feel comfortable there, so I’m sure that’s what it’s going to take.

I’m finding it really hard to find Christian friends here, I work with woman between 23-30 and they all have sailor mouths, and talk about things that would make Matthew go LALALALAALLAL! I really really pray and hope that I won’t fall into temptation. I’ve been invited to the bar a few times already, kind of annoying when I said no the first time said I was a Christian and I find drinking a big temptation for me, thanks but no thanks, but they keep wanting me to come out with them. I don’t want to give in, I can’t!

Hmm what else to update on… well I miss you all very much! I’ve been needing some chapel lately and I'm sure you all feel the same way. And … I miss BC.

I’d love to catch up with you guys! I’m on skype at random times, Facebook always! And just a phone call away! 5194666546.

Matthew 15:10
10Jesus called the crowd to him and said, "Listen and understand. 11What goes into a man's mouth does not make him 'unclean,' but what comes out of his mouth, that is what makes him 'unclean.' "

Learned that in Church.



Prayer List:
Stress of the New job
Church Shopping
Christian Friends for me here
That my parents house sells in Sarnia, We have an apartment here in London because my mom has a job here and now so do I. We need to sell the house so we can get out of this building. And pay bills.

LOVE RIVS

3 comments:

Nicole Venton said...

Rivs good to hear things are going well. I am so glad that you are looking for a new church. You have come so far from when we all first met. I love watching you grow. I love watching how God works at your heart and changes you no matter how much it hurts and you want to fight back. By the way london is pretty closes to bradford. well not that close but maybe 2 hours. so if you ever want to hang out let me know!

Katie said...

ahh oo rivs, awesome to hear from you, man i geuss no one uses this blog anymore... anyway your life sounds pretty busy yo, taker easy. i am praying for you . remeber your beautiful

Katie said...

also remember katie can not spellll