Friday, April 1, 2011

Exciting times!

Well, I'm about due for a blog post. The past week or so has been very eventful and I would like to inform you about such things. First of all, I am apprenticing as an electrician! Not sure If i had told all of you but yeah, I'm working at Atco Structures and Logistics; wiring those Atco trailers that you seen on construction sites and camps. I'm a doing very well in electrical and have proven myself skillful in a short manner of time. More on that later.
I was almost in a very serious car accident. By the grace of God, Me or my car did not receive a scratch. Last week, I had a spell of dizziness and was not able to drive anywhere because of my disorientation. I though the dizziness was gone but two days ago, it made a reappearance. For some reason, traffic had stopped on the highway and I didn't really clue in that I had to stop (due to my lethargic state) until I was around 50 feet away from the stopped car in front of me. I was going 100 km/h and had no where near enough time to stop (you need around 240 feet at that speed) so I bailed into the ditch but was able to continue driving afterwards. I can only describe it as God literally taking the wheel from my hands and perfectly parking the car around two car lengths in front of the car I almost rear ended. Praise the Lord! As for the dizziness, The doc said it most likely from high-ish blood pressure (140/72 vs. normal 120/90) and a headache-less migraine. I am getting bloodwork done today and will see if there anything else contributing. As for the high blood pressure, I have been putting on too much stress on myself at work. We just finished a month of overtime and we had to work very hard just to keep up. I pushed myself waaaaay beyond the limit and my body said it's had enough. Every muscle in my body is super tense. It is so bad, I can feel blood flow in my head being restricted by the tenseness in my neck. So as a result, God said slow down (Ha! literally!) and I have a nice, long, doctor-officiated break to relax. Pray that I might be able recover from my stress inducing pace.
That same day I had the first dizziness spell, I was also prophesied over. Wow! this was a treat. It was given by some dude I had never met before from the States. In the prophesy, he said that I was to be a builder in the nations, both physically and in the kingdom. He said that I had a "platter" of talents and abilities that God had given me and that God had a great smile with the way I had humbly laid them in front of Him and let Him choose where he wanted me to go with these skills. Because I had done that, God will allow me to use all of the skills in my lifetime (Yipee!) but the one I desire most, will become the center of my ministry. He prophesied that God will give me the desires of my heart and that I will be successful in whatever I lay my hands to. He said that I had a great mind, and that I will use that mind to create financial release for others. And because of God's provision, I will be able to all this! Pretty flippin' cool eh?
As for the famjam, I recently moved in with papa and absolutely love it! That dude is so cool and we can farts around all day if we really wanted to. Totally a blessing from God. As for mama, she was recently admitted to the royal alexandria hospital to receive some medication for some health challenges. Please pray for her healing as I know that God wants to heal her but there is something that is preventing him to do it. It might be pride, unbelief or unforgiveness, Pray against all of these in the name of Jesus Christ.

That's pretty much all I can think of for the moment. I love you all and I can't wait until the next time we are able to see each other again. I am praying for you and thinking of you often.

God bless,

Masterpiece

4 comments:

Jeremy Derksen said...

T-BONE!
thanks for the great update. I agree with everything that guy said about you man. I can't wait to see how you will be building God's kingdom. But now, what is that desire of your heart? Are you still thinking aviation?

Mark said...

Trent! So good to hear from you again. Your life as of late sounds quite eventful. Thank you for your words of excitement and the ways in which we can intercede on your behalf in prayer. A masterpiece of art usually incorporates great detail or specific and distinct features. God has done in you good works and will continue to use you in some pretty cool ways as you seek His face. I'm excited!

Ben Schmit said...

First off, Praise the Lord! I am very thankful he has saved you from hte car accident, and I love how he told you to "slow down" (hahaha, oh so good). I am also glad that you can relax and rest. One thing Cal has mentioned several times is that resting is not always refraining from all work, but refraining from a specific work. Which means still be investing in your youth group and still be exercising spiritual disciplines, etc. I will pray that you will find rest in this time and after this time.

How are Colby and your sis (I always forget her name)?

Always great to hear from you Trent, and I also look forward to the next time we can get together.

If I may steal from Cal,
"Go in peace, to love and serve the Lord."

Katie said...

masterpiece , i also agree with that man,, and ya it is pretty flippin cool. feel better soon. yaa. AND TAKE IT EASY
http://youtu.be/xfq_A8nXMsQ