With the situation that was put before me I was blessed to say I got a little glimpse of what Kaleo's going to be like. As I was thinking about a word that would sum up I thought of "Blurry vision". I know it's 2 words, but if I just said blurry it wouldn't really make sense.
This past week was the final Kaleo week. It was filled with lots of laughter, but also a lot of tears. Tears of joy as they remembered the good times, and tears of sadness as they will be leaving their new family. As I watched the ceremony and listened to all to good times they had I couldn't get over the fact that they kept saying "I can't believe its already thanksgiving" "I can't believe it's Christmas" "I can't believe its time for our missions trip" "I can't believe its over "...
As the ceremony went on I got a reminder once again on how fast time really goes. It wont be long before we're all gathered on the grass out front of club coco, meeting one another for the first time and trying to remember the names of everyone. So if you're kinda like me and can hardly wait to start Kaleo, just stop and remember to smell the roses. Because it wont be long before we're saying are goodbyes or as I like to call them "see you later's" because there's never goodbyes if you don't want them to be.
So I guess to sum up would be this. Live in the moment, life will pass you by if you let it.
And for all you K6'ers reading this...I love you all and I miss you...see you later,
5 comments:
Bob, thank you for your words! They are so true.
All of you K7's are in for the ride of your life. But don't forget to live in the moment, and make the most out of every opportunity you're given, because it does end quickly.
We'll be praying for you guys :)
Amelia, K6.
i was definitely thinking of posting this after going to Kaleo 6 grad. it was incredible, and got me so stoked for next year, yet also made me very aware that every moment is important.
it was rad meeting you bob, looking forward to a very significant 8 months with you and a whole bunch of others we've yet to meet! =)
thank you for posting that Bob!
all you K7's take those words to heart, its so incredibly true, live in every moment, and live it to the full. dont just take pictures with cameras when fun times roll around, write them on your heart because thats where it will mean the most in the end!
you are all definitely in my prayers, when that first day rolls around and you are on the grass saying hello i hope you will be open and honest and true to who you are. Get ready to have your lives totally changed, God is good at doing that even if you dont realize its happening!
God bless!
Yea, wow thanks for this post.
I found myself thinking about this very truth earlier today. "Live In The Moment"-- I love that.
BOB
awesome man.
really good read!!!
hope you have a great summer and an even better kaleo year friend!!!
see yah later:D
Post a Comment