Thursday, August 26, 2010

All my life I've just avoided talking about hard times. If they are things that need to be talked about I make them not so hard by joking and lightening up the mood of the subject. Today I don't really know how to do either...

My mom woke me up this morning to tell me it was time to start getting ready to go to my Auntie's father's funeral. My mother's brother married a woman... and said women's father... So he has no real relation to me, but I have known him most of my life because my Uncle and Auntie have always lived far away so when ever they come to town we hang out with her side and his side of the family. Before my mom exited my room she turned back and said, "Bria, I need to tell you something." She couldn't even finish the sentence before she started crying. She informed me that a friend of mine, whom's mother she is really close with, attempted suicide. She is now in the hospital here and has been since yesterday morning. No one is allowed to see her but her mom and her brothers (Her Father passed away a couple years ago) but her mother has said it's ok to ask for prayer. My mom turned to leave and again and turned back saying, "I guess I better tell you all at once." Then continued to tell me that my friend, Izaak's dad passed away this morning. Izaak is currently in Ontario filming a movie, so I'm going to call him after I finish writting this... but it has been a rough morning.

I don't really know what to do right now, informing you was really all I could come up with.

I love you all, please help.

Living in the Hope.

2 comments:

Matt said...

yeah, kind of at a loss for words too but know that i will be praying for you and everyone you mentioned. stay hopeful.

Jim Badke said...

Hey Bria, I just read this. It reminds me of Job - just one thing after another, like a dog pile on top of you. Here is his response:

"Naked I came from my mother's womb,
and naked I will depart.
The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away;
may the name of the LORD be praised."

Through all your shock and pain and grief, I trust that hope in Jesus will be enough for you. Would love to chat with you.