Today as I surfed facebook I came upon an album filled with kids, joy, excitement, and our beloved Camp Qwanoes. I was SO encouraged to see the way that God is working in that place this summer! I saw all of my favorite places in this album - the dock, the stairs, the lodge, the field, Q town soccer house, and club cocoa - but they were covered with children! My mind was flooded with precious memories of each of you and of times that the Lord had taught me big things at the Camp. What an invaluable year - I'm so thankful for our time together. This summer has come with all kinds of challenges and joys, one HUGE JOY has come in the form of a piece of land called Luseland Bible Camp. Although I am working full time the Lord has graciously opened doors for me to minister at camp this summer and I have been blessed beyond what I can explain! I was worried that leaving Kaleo might mean spiritually maturing and learning slower or less, however God has been proving to me that he can work in all situations in al kinds of ways - He has been holding me so closely this summer and walking with me moment by moment. Two days ago a little girl looked up at me through huge gorgeous eyes and said, "Kaitlyn how is it possible that I didn't know there was a God who loved me before this week, and that Jesus died for ME?" THAT is the God we serve, I lost my composure as I witnessed him reveal himself SO GRACIOUSLY to a nine year old girl. Something I want to share with you guys - something God has been speaking often to me lately. We have a position - Be aware of it! Our position is a CHILD OF GOD. THis is not said lightly, CHILD OF THE LIVING KING - The bible says that we are ALREADY seated in the heavenly places - I've been listening to The Desert Song lots lately - I am a conqueror and co heir with Christ - Do you believe that today?
For he raised us from the dead along with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms because we are united with Christ Jesus. Ephesians 2:6
I LOVE and miss each of you and think of you often. Keep pressing on towards the goal!
5 comments:
Amen. We are heirs to royalty. This reminds me of a certain Cobble Hill bible study with Phil as we were going through the book of John. In John 8, Jesus speaks to the Jews who had believed Him (v.31) saying they are not God's children because they do not act like they are the children of God. They do evil and do not love Jesus, acting like their father. Everyone does the will of their father, the question lies Is your father Satan or God?
Thank you Kaitlyn for this update. I appreciate to see where your heart is this summer. I encourage you to continue to seek the love that Christ has in abundance in daily reverence, making requests by the bucketsful. I stress the repetitiousness of doing this daily. I think this culture has dumbed down and made boring the idea of being repetitious where as Jesus uses the idea of knocking at the door of a friends house for bread until it opens (Lk.11).
I can hardly wait to enter another year of adventure with you as we head to Briercrest. May God do great things through you as you seek the Kingdom. See you in a month. Cheers.
Hey Miss Cey! Great photos, they are radiant, spekaing of awesome to hear from you, God is good indeed! I love you sunshine
My 310 lady! man i miss you soo much. I love how God is working through you. I can understand fully how encouraging it is to hear kids come up to you with a new fond hope. Being at camp I have been blessed to see many kids make decisions for Christ. I love that about camp ministry. It's encouraging to me how much you love that place. It obvious that your heart is fully there. I miss you a lot! Keep on noticing and seeking out the beauty in life.
YOU Nicole are a beauty in my life - GENUINE beauty. Miss you sister.
Comment.
Post a Comment