Tuesday, April 27, 2010

To The Mothership and Back

No Matt, I have not forgotten what you look like, as old as I am! It helps that the K7 poster is my desktop, but I will not forget you soon, if ever. My week-long silence is due to being on the move until today. We are being exceptionally lazy on a rainy day in Ucluelet, though we just took advantage of a short break in the skies to watch some pretty big waves at the lighthouse.

After a few days of feeling quite blue while migrating out of the Kaleo office back home and trying to tidy up a few loose ends, Sarah and I flew out Thursday to Caronport and the Briercrest Mothership for their Grad. Wow. Okay, our grad was convincingly better, but watching ten former K2 to K4 students (including our niece Charis, Wes' assistant) graduate with BA's of various kinds, some with honours, was wonderful. By the way, you are listed in the program - pretty cool, eh? (Click to make bigger)


I admit that my cup was pretty empty by the time you all left, as evidenced by your leaders' rather subdued dinner out at the Crofton Hotel that day (Bob, you are right, good food!). But our weekend at Briercrest filled me right back up again: with long talks with many Kaleo students in addition to the ten; with watching how involved and respected these students are in the life of the school; with listening to Brie (who wouldn't sing in front of people when she came to Kaleo) lead worship with her husband and Brady in front of 2000 people; and with our buddy Rob chosen to read bios at the walk-up. Again, wow. The many Kaleo students who are returning to Briercrest next year are SO EXCITED to welcome the many of you who are going there. You are going to be so blessed.

Did I mention that I miss you profoundly? And at the same time I am so glad to read of the clear evidence that nothing will be the same for you ever again. Jesus has staked his claim on you, and though I expect there will be trouble (he promised it), he is the Overcomer of the World, and the world will not be able to hold you down, keep you back or smother you with its dazzle.

Did I mention the K7 Grad Poster? You can see it by clicking here, or you can download the full file by clicking here (warning = it takes a while to load). Also, I just sent you a link to the Kaleo Student Survey, which we would love for you to complete before May 9 to help us understand the year better and plan for the future (check Facebook/email). Announcements are now over.

Looking forward to hearing from you, and about you, for many days to come! Love you.

No comments: