Friday, April 30, 2010

My turn!

Hello my Kaleo family!
Once again I miss you all very much.
In today's news, guess what I did today?
I had lunch with KCey, Bradsky, and TBone McKone! Yup that's right! Trent is headed on his way to Yorkton to work for his Gpa. So just a reminder of prayer for his purpose there and also that his lil' Jetta will make it (there were some alternator troubles).
What else have I been up to? Well not a lot. I have been spending time with my mom, visiting people, and just working around the house. Lately I have been feeling convicted that I have too much stuff so instead of unpacking right away when I got home, I threw a lot of my stuff into a container to donate and sell.
Overall, home has been very comfortable and uncomfortable. Comfortable in the sense that it is the same as always and it could be easy to fit right back in. However, it's very uncomfortable for that same reason and that I'm not the same person I was before Kaleo. I don't want to be just living life, but living life purposefully and to the fullest; doing kingdom work everywhere I go. It's hard to see the opportunities here, but I realize a lot of it is how we live our 'everyday lives'. As well as the importance of filling up on "God food" too (kudos to Tim for that blog post, much appreciated).
In other news, a few things I will be doing in the near future; Tomorrow if the weather's nice I am going to my camp (Manitou Lake Bible Camp) for an all-day work bee. Then comes Sunday, where I am going to be sharing about my Kaleo experiences 'officially' to everyone at church, and finally Monday, where I am going with my friend, Katt, to see her back specialist in Saskatoon (she has had back surgery before and her doctor thinks they might have to redo the surgery). So prayer would be much appreciated.
Oh and random story; A week ago I was sitting in the waiting room of H&R Block, ready to pwn some tax business. So I was sitting beside a little girl who was looking at a magazine. "He got beat up bad", she said, and showed me the cover of the magazine. It was a picture of Jesus (Oh what a great reminder for being purposeful). I asked her if she knew who he was and she said no, so I told her that his name was Jesus. "Jesus" she repeated, "He's the king". Then her mom came and she left. I hope that we can always answer with such honesty and without hesitation like this girl.

So this is somewhat short and perhaps a little jumbled, but I realize it is better to share than to worry about how I say it and not at all.
I am praying for each and every one of you.
(Keep writing these blog posts, they are great encouragement)
Lovelovelove!

-Genuine Jader

6 comments:

TimfromNB. said...

Love the story Jaderade. And I pray that all goes well when you share our Kaleo experiences with your church.

Justin said...

Jade. I always enjoy when you write. You express yourself so clearly in writing. I too hope your words at church on Sunday are clear and the right stories come to mind. I hope many are encouraged and challenged by God's Spirit's work through you.
And keep on remembering what He kept showing us at the Olympics: when we are living faithfully and attentively asking for open doors, he opens them and his glory is evident in us. EVEN in the most menial and mundane tasks done in His name.
I love you very much Jader.
-Justin (i can't figure out how to log on right now)

"But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us."

Justin said...

okay so I figured out how to log on.

Rivera "Challenger" said...

hahah so when I read the part "he got beat up bad" i was thinking k-fed. but that's amazing it was about Jesus! Jade I wish you were here so badly... your room is just not the same. i might go buy a hammock now.

and the last bit of the post E-TOW!!! is that how they spell it?? meh.

Ben Schmit said...

Thanks Jader, your 3rd paragraph depicts a lot of what it's like for me at home. Take some of your own advice and keep writing on th blog!

Trent McKone said...

Yeah, thanks for sharing Jade. I too am plagued with living the kingdom life. It's honestly all I think about now. I had a blast hanging out with you and the gang. Thanks for having me over! And for the record, I made it safe and sound, It was only a loose belt. My car isn't ready to give up yet!