Saturday, May 1, 2010

Bagged Milk... Choice!


No, this is not towel cake, it's bagged milk!
Miss you all - from the Ontario crew hanging out in Orangeville!

13 comments:

Ben Schmit said...

Ummmm, still doesn't make practical sense. And that spill 20 seconds in, I don't think would've happened with a jug or carton. You also have to buy a special container to hold the bag, no such none sense with cartons and jugs.

I'll take my jug of milk, thank you very much.

Jim Badke said...

We used to have bagged milk in BC, and I remember no end of trouble with them. The worst is when someone would drop one in the store (imagine a moo bomb that covers an incredible circumference). Maybe we should all just have our own cow.

Rivera "Challenger" said...

AWE!! I wish I was there! Miss you all dearly! not a big fan of the plain stuff, chocolate would of been nice to see in there.

TYLERcassidy said...

yeah, milk in a bag doesnt seem practical at all. milk in a cow on the other hand,, now thats logical, and fun. i would give milk in a bag a big ol ee-tao however, its not good, so maybe it could have a no-tao?

Justin said...

O wow, Ontario party without me. This is heart wrenching.

These non-bag drinkers are inexperienced and unknowledgeable (harsh but necessary). The bag has all sorts of plusses that far outweigh the stated negatives. That pouring technique Jer expertly demonstrated is but one of the major positives. Trick pours have endless possibilities in fact with the bag. My dad once completed an upside down, behind the back, no-hander. All of which are utterly impossible with the carton.
While the potential for breaks in the grocery store could be seen as a negative, just think of the many uses of moo-bombs in other more dire situations. Again, endless. This is all to say nothing of the sweet dance the milk-plastic combination unleashes on my tate-buds. Don't get me started on the bitter cardboard-milk flavour from those detestable cartons. Thus, bags rule and cartons drool! Point and case.

Jeremy Derksen said...

well said Justin. Spoken like a true milk connoisseur!
The verdict:
Milk in bags.... choice!

John said...

that is just silly.

Genuine Jader said...

You have all mentioned milk bags and milk cartons but forgot the wonders of milk jugs!
In fact this morning I cracked open the door of my refrigerator, reached into the warm, glowing abyss to grab the jug of white 1% milk. I then proceeded to unleash a plethora of cereal into a bowl that I had selected from the cupboard. To top it of, I ripped off the tab and untwisted the lid (because it was a new and fresh jug) to hear the satisfying sound of a slight wind rushing into the previously sealed container. As a grand finale, I then expertly poured the milk from a considerable height in which it then formed a slight curve formation. I ate it all and felt like royalty. Most excellent Sunday breaky it was. Choice:)

Ben Schmit said...

AMEN SISTA!

Although, I am curious why your fridge was warm?

Genuine Jader said...

I meant it as the warm inviting glow that the fridge light gives

Jeremy Derksen said...

milk jugs are terrible as well. The spout becomes coated in crustified milk, then when you go to pour into your great bowl of cereal, the milk is preceded by sour bovine flakes. Gross.

nick.vansnick said...

I can't control my laughter as I read all of these BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Jim Badke said...

I remember (yah, I am that old!) milk being delivered to our door each morning in quart-size glass bottles. Nothing beats that. You put the empties at the door and then next morning new ones were in their place. So much for progress, eh?