Thursday, May 13, 2010

I Got a Job!!! THANK YOU FATHER!

So I know I just wrote on here, but it's for a different reason! I got a Job! I have been praying earnestly for the past few days for a job because i have had three very possible job leads, and two interviews from those, and three rejections. My mom mentioned this to me yesterday, so I applied yesterday. Today they called me and said that they are trying to get all their hiring done today, and so they set up an interview with me. At 2pm I had the interview, which went well. They then called Jim, for a reference (he said Jim said great things about me, so thank you Jim for that, I felt it tipped the balance). He called me back not ten minutes ago at 3:40 (40 minutes after the interview) and offered me a job!

It's a job with a Christian organization called sportslife camps paired with youthworks. I will be the director for the soccer/ultimate frisbee camps! How amazing is that! I will be traveling around Minnesota going to churches and leading camps there, as well as around the midwest.

God is good!

Your Brother In Christ,

Ben Schmit

7 comments:

Justin said...

Wow! And what a job! haha that is so wonderfully fitting for you Ben. Our God knows you well. I love when people write on here and we get to go, "Ya, our God would do that! That's so like him!" It is so like him to give generously to you like this and in such a fitting way. I hope you give as fully and generously to the kids your working with as our God gives to us. May he bear much fruit through you.
p.s. I LOVE how much you're writing on this thing! Keep it up.

Matthew said...

Congrats Ben! From Matthew, Emma and Jessica, chillin' in Guelph. That sounds so sweet... let us know how it all goes!

Matthew said...

PS. I also love how much you're writing on here.

nick.vansnick said...

So stoked Ben!!! That is the perfect opportunity for you. So glad that you've been blessed in this way!
EE-TAOW!!!!

Jim Badke said...

And it was ALL TRUE (what I said)! Well done, Ben! Suits you well.

TimfromNB. said...

Good thing you didn't get any of those first jobs or you might have missed out on such a sweet job as this. Ah, God works all things out for good anyways so there was never any real worry. Stoked that you get to see God work so clearly in your life. When ever this job starts to test your patience, remember how gracious God is being in giving you the job. If Kristie was right about anything this year, and there were many things, she was right that remembering is key. Cheers Ben.

Genuine Jader said...

THAT'S SO EXCITING!
And such a great job for you. Keep us updated on all the cool things that happen with this and good luck!