Monday, May 3, 2010

sad news...

Well i meant to write on here earlier, but what's done is done. My uncle was diagnosed with hodgkins cancer about a week ago. he passed away today at noon. I did not know my uncle too well (there was a divorce a few years back), but kaleo has taught me to let my emotions out, not in. His ex-wife (my biological aunt) has three kids. There is a lot to pray for in this situation, but right now pray for my three cousins (his kids). One of the kids is about 12-13, and the other is in her senior year. they both need lots of prayer. They need to be comforted and drawn close to God. They both know the Lord. The oldest of the kids is about 23 and does not know the Lord. I do not know how this will affect him, but please pray.

I'm asking you guys to pray because your prayers are powerful.

Rendition of Psalm 18:1-2

They love you, O Lord, their strength.
You are their Rock, their fortress and their deliverer.
God is their Rock, in whom they take refuge.
You are their shield and the horn of their salvation, their stronghold.

Strength, Rock, Fortress, Deliverer, Refuge, Shield, Salvation, Stronghold. You are these things for them. This I pray.

3 comments:

james said...

Praying for you man

Matthew said...

ben, i'm so sorry to hear about this... especially after seeing you earlier today before this happened and being so blessed and refreshed by your brotherhood, it doesn't seem to fit. i know you mentioned that he was sick, and maybe it was the hurried nature of everything, but i didn't realize it was anything this immediate. i'm so sorry. thank you again for coming out to see me. i love you man and i'll be praying for your cousins and the rest of your family.

Kaity said...

I am praying Ben. Sickness and death are hard for me to grasp, understand, and accept. I can't imagine the pain, sorrow, confusion and grieving your family is experiencing right now and his three children...

Psalm 34:18 says, "The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit."

I will be praying that you know the right way to come alongside your grieving family members.
God be with you Ben.