Saturday, August 14, 2010

End of Summer

Well friends, summer has reached its end for me. I am currently writing this in my new room here in rez. Today has been my first day at Eastern, including some pizza from Dominoes that was choice, a whole day of sweet awkward introductions, some slacklining, and frizbee. All in all, I would call the first day a success. We are leaving tomorrow morning for a five day camping trip. Please be praying for me in this time. Pray for freedom of expectations, pray that when I have feelings of doubt, and fear, that I would be able to remember, and cling to the promises of our Lord, pray for community. I have been learning a lot about faith the past week. Its funny, I was just talking about stepping out in faith to a friend of mine and now the Lord is saying to me, Ok, its time for YOU to step out. I asked my dad if he thought that Abraham left Canaan reluctantly, or with fear and doubt. He said that he thought he did, and said that if we don't have the most positive feelings about what we are being called to (great fears and doubts, insecurities) it is an even bigger step of faith, and with that God is pleased. I suppose that you may be able to tell how I feel right now by what I have written so far. Let me just say that after the end of the first day, the Lord has been quite good to me, and has been so gracious and gentle.
I have some homework that I need to do before tomorrow, so I best be going. But before I do, I must share with you some words that Paul wrote to some of his loved ones that I relate to entirely. "I thank my GOd in all my remembrance of you, always in every prayer of mine for you all making my prayer with joy, because of your partnership in the gospel from the first days until now. And i am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ. It is right for me to feel this way about you all, because I hold you in my heart, for you are all partakers with me of grace, both in my imprisonment and in the defence and confirmation of the gospel. For God is my witness, how I yearn for you all witht eh affection of Christ Jesus. And it is my prayer that your love may abound more and more, with knowledge and all discernment, so that you may approve what is excellent, and so be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God.
Much love, Jer

ps. I am officially a sellout... I got a cell phone. Here's my number - 484 250 4714

3 comments:

Nate said...

you chump. lucky bum. have fun at your school babe. i Look forward to what the LORD will transform you into.

Heart
Nate

james said...

Have fun with Strathcona Part two. Jks. Yo man have an amazing year at Eastern. Be a light. God will continue to use you wherever he calls you. Abide in him! Lets keep in touch. I'm glad you're a cell-out! peace

Rivera "Challenger" said...

jerry,
I've been praying for you loads, and I've told many people here at camp where your going to school and what your taking there.... even if they don't know you, I'm just really excited for what God has brought you. plus I've been reading Irresistible Revolution so it gets me even more excited.
Miss you brother!
please have a philly cheese steak for me :)