Sunday, August 29, 2010

Hey everyone

Hello my brothers and sisters. Firstly I miss you all and wisht that you were al less busy so i could talk with you more often but I do know what it is like to work and see people before school and taking vacations so I can't blame you. I know that we are still very much so connected in prayer.

I will start with the lighter news. Two weeks ago my boss ran out of work and so i was layed off, being the only seasonal guy on the crew. I am fine with this because it gave me the chance to enjoy the last bit of my summer and I am doing alright with money so nothing really negative there. With some free time I got to go be a special friend to a challenged camper at my old camp in NB. I loved the week, saw many good friends, had a solid spiritual retreat and had a pile of fun. Something that might make you all excited is who I got to chill with all week. So Brady from K4 who came out to BC to visit with the guys from B-crest, he also went surfing with us, is playing in a band called Atlantic. This band happened to be playing all week at the camp I was at! I got to chill with him, talk about the year, hear about his life and his ministry, have a canoeing adventure and worship to his wonderful drumming. Praise God for extremely awesome meetings like this! Yeah really good week.

Now the heavier stuff I guess. When i got to my sister's apartement in NB I was told to call home. I called my mom and she told me that she got some test results back. They found cancer in her bone marrow. Basically it breaks down like this, she has "months" left and there is no real hope for a treatment that will work. They have tried 5 treatments and all of them have failed so now our chances are very small. This hit me pretty hard cause we all thought we had years not months. I now need to figure out some stuff about this year and I am still letting it sink in.

I guess I am just laying this out for you guys, keeping you all in the loop. This makes my heart hurt and i can say that I am blessed because this is a strange feeling. I guess pray for me and my family and my mom. And stop being busy and give a shout.

Love you family, cheers.

4 comments:

james said...

Hey Man, I don't really know what to say. I'm praying for you. It'd be sweet if we could chat sometime this week.

"And I will put this third into the fire, and refine them as one refines silver, and test them as gold is tested. They will call upon my name, and I will answer them. I will say, 'They are my people'; and they will say, 'The Lord is my God.'" -Zechariah 13:8-9

Call upon the name of the Lord as he puts you through this fire. He is your God! Blessed be the name of our loving God! His ways are perfect.

Grace and Peace to you,

Guardian

Rivera "Challenger" said...

Tim,
to be honest I've tried writing what I would say about 4 times now. Know that your mother is going to be number 1 in my prayers. We all know what prayer can do, what we witnessed in kaleo proves prayer works!
I love you brother.

Challenger

Jeremy Derksen said...

i am lifting up you and your family in prayer brother.

Brady said...

Brother Tim,

I was parusing your K7 Blog because I was thinking to myself 'I wonder how Tim is doing... I'm going to creep on their blog and find out!'

You're in my prayers, brother. I'm still asking God to bring lots of quality brothers and sisters into your life who live nearby.
(as sweet as the blogs are, they never really compare to the friends that can reach out and hug us when we're going through a rough time).

Man, What a funny and wonderful surprise it was to be standing around in a circle chatting with some camp staff and suddenly recognize you in mid-conversation. What a sweet moment that was for me! Thanks for the sweet canoeing adventures that week. That was the best dam portaging I've ever been apart of. (others may judge us, but we know we are justified. That beaver dam provides me with endless chuckles).

Thanks for posting something so close to your heart. You've invited your kaleo family to walk with you through your trials and challenges. That's sweet. I love it when blogs are fun and amusing, and its so fun to celebrate with one another, but its so much sweeter for me to see brothers and sisters supporting one another through the gritty and vulnerable parts of their walk as well. You keep it real bro! You remind me that community isn't about a group of people pretending to be ok.

Thanks for bein a bro. Hope I get a chance to reunite with you again in the future.
And I'll be liftin you and your fam up in my prayers.
Blessings, bro.

-Brady

p.s. I'm from Kaleo 3 (Not a big correction... but, well you all understand. What if I called you all K8's... weird thought, right?)