Saturday, August 7, 2010

why hello my famjam

so i have often thought of you guys this summer. I would love to hear from you guys about your lives and what's going on and how i can help to encourage. I love you guys and i still want to be in contact with you guys. This summer hasn't been the best for that, but i would love to get a skype conversation going with any of you guys.

well that wasn't really why i was going to write on the blog, but it just came out and I liked it. I was going to write to let you guys know that i am in an odd position right now. i am uncertain if i want to continue on to briercrest or stay in the cities, where i want to stay and live. have i told you guys that i want to become a professor? well i do. so prayer for attentive ears and hearts, and well just sensitive to the spirit in a very fast paced environment that is my job. i guess that's also why i want to talk to you guys, because i love the thoughts you have and i respect all of you a lot.

oh and a "Yay God" is that i got into a very deep theological conversation with some 10 year olds about the existence of God, and how God was always there, and how no one created him, and how he made the whole universe. it was super cool and fun. oh and one of my bosses commented to me "so gentle, but very direct" during my interacting with the kids. pretty cool eh? (just for you guys, which reminds me, someone asked me where i got my accent, and he was from minnesota, with a stronger accent then me!)

i hope this message finds you dwelling in the spirit and spending time in prayer.

In Christ,

your brother Ben

6 comments:

james said...

Gentle Ben!! Loved this post man. I would love to see you at Briercrest but go wherever the Spirit leads. Miss you man

Haley said...

BEN! Hmmm, Gentle Ben. I have been pondering this fruit of the Spirit often lately and slowing grasping more of what it means to be Gentle. That it is actually a characteristic of such strength which has great power. Power to move people and to bring calmness to situations of stress and conflict. It also doesn't always bring the results we or God for that matter desire. But it is very much a part of obedience.

Your position is not odd, I'm in the same one! So who knows if we'll see each other at B-crest but my prayers are with you brother. You can pray for me too!?

Thanks for posting!

Hales

TimfromNB. said...

Ben, love hearing that your summer is going excellent. I agree to the skype idea.

The Spirit is good at leading. God isn't limited to working in you in a certain place, He can use anywhere at anytime with anything.

Glad to hear that God is using you where you are right now, especially with the kids. It is clear that you are finding favor with God and with those you work with.

Cheers brother.

Kaity said...

BEN!

THank you for this post - It was so good to hear from you . YOU my friend, will make an outstanding professor if that is what the Lord allows and wills for you to do!

I too would love to see you at Briercrest, but know that God may indeed have a different plan for you, I'm praying for him to lead you, and Haley too in making this decision for next year.


God bless you

Jim Badke said...

Hey Ben! So good to hear your heart again! The prof thing works well with the beard - I kinda picture you like the professor in The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe. Some serious study still ahead of you, but there must be few rewards like watching young leaders grow under your instruction. Good on you, man!

Ben Schmit said...

so thanks for replying all, i just had a super sweet time of worship and getting my cup filled again, and just being in the presence of Jesus, God and the Holy Spirit. I feel much more prepared to follow his leading, whatever it may be.