Hey family,
So I think I have recovered from my nice little emotional break down that I had saying good-bye to you guys. It was a strange feeling one that I have not been used to having, and I want to thank you guys for muscling you way into my heart. I mean even though it was broken into like thirty different pieces last week I am slowly realizing that the more my heart breaks the more opportunity it has to grow back bigger. Thank you for this (even the red eyes I had).
Anyways being at home is a little tougher then I thought it would be. I’m living with my parents and sister Care and I have not lived with any of them for the past four years and I am starting to get irritated with them. Please pray for me to have patients with them and to open up to them like I did with you guys. My relationship with Brooke is something that I am unsure of how to feel about right now. I am afraid that our relationship will slip back into the way it was, I am not sure how to go about making the changes in this that need to happen.
However having said this I am pleased to inform you all that her and Bill (her husband) are getting along nicely. Like really, Bill is trying very hard to patch up their marriage. He has been over to the house several times while I was there and it did not end in a fight. He has also been staying over at Brookes house to be closer to her and the boys. I am every encouraged in the progress of there relationship and I praise the Lord for this. The one thing that worries me is that Brooke is no longer putting in the effort to reconcile with Bill she is now holding up a bar that she expects him to meet; she does not want to meet him half way. Pray that Brooke’s heart would soften and she would do her part to repair their marriage.
Anyways, life is different, and I am finding how much I am missing you guys. Having experienced the community we did has given me a passion to spread it to all those who have not had it. I see the hunger people have for true community and union all around me. It burns inside of me knowing that some will never experience it. I hope that I will be able to build communities focused on God and the way He wants us to live, communities built in and around God. Maybe this new hunger I have will help me make decisions for what I am doing next year and the rest of my life.
As for now my little friends please pray for my sister Brooke and her husband Bill, my relationship with Brooke and the rest of my family. And a job. Like Tim (and most of you) I am job searching and not sure what to do. I have been applied to a lot of jobs in the service industry (Cashier at Home Depot and Future Shop, Waitress at Swiss Chalet, a maid at a local hotel and local cleaning agency, and a landscaping job). Most of these are all jobs that I wound normally not like at all but I feel rather convicted right now about some things. Please pray that I God prepares me for whatever job he has in store for me and that I would not be anxious about it. But most importantly, pray that wherever I am working I remember to have a servants heart and that I will be able to be a light to the people I work with.
I miss you all and love you lots and lots (like if I were to see one of you you’d leave me with a black eye)
Enthusiastically,
Abby
2 comments:
Abby I miss you so much! I went to camp today, had such an eerie feeling walking through the halls. I'm praying for you! you'll get a job for sure! I love your heart! I'd love a punch anytime too.. maybe not a black eye.. but I know it's because you love me!
Miss you dearly!
My Abs! I love you so very much! I saw that you posted something and I got excited and had a verge to punch something! haha I am praying for you and I am glad to hear that your sister is doing well! I will keep on praying and things keep on looking up. I miss you sooo very much! Love your guts! =D
Post a Comment