It has been a joy for me to read all of the posts that everyone has been posting and I know that it is my turn. Many things have happened since I arrived home but today, in the stillness of God, the most important event has happened; I mourned and wept for Kaleo. I decided to spend some time journaling my heart after a conversation I had with my mentor yesterday and before I began I thought I would see what one hobbit said after he returned from his great journey:
"How do you pick up the threads of an old life? How do you go on? But in your heart you begin to understand; There is no going back. There are some things that time cannot mend, some hurts that go too deep that have taken hold."
There is a bond that I feel to each of you and when I say I love you, it tugs on a few different heart strings. One of the largest things that this 8-month journey has culminated in is unexplainable friendship. A kind of friendship that comes from God and glorifies him. We truly have tasted the kingdom of the heavens this year on a level that surpasses my own knowledge. It is strange that somehow we can weep but yet be joyful and grieved at the same time.
There is much more for me to journal about but I wish to tell you all, my friends, I LOVE YOU!! I cannot contain the excitement that is in me to see each one of you again one day, some how.
3 comments:
love you buddy!!!
I LOVE you Nick!
I'm glad to hear of these tears.
HA I'm still amazed, and thanking Jesus for your mother's soft-hearted response to your journey.
Nick I love you and when I read this on my phone (I haven't had internet very much this tour) I was very heartened and also glad to hear of your tears and the love that they represent.
Post a Comment