Monday, May 10, 2010

Chance

So I used to believe in chance, or at least I talked like I did. Perhaps a year ago I would have told this story differently, relating it all to chance. I am glad that I am telling this story today because I can declare it as the work of God. Today my dad was taking me around to some construction companies that he knows from his work, to help me with my job hunt. I had handed out a couple resumes and then I went into this one place. I walked in and there was a room full of people. sitting eating lunch. I talked to one of them who was the company owner. He took my resume and as we were talking one of the other men sitting in the room spoke up and also asked for a resume. I got him one, introduced myself and then I left him to his lunch, his name was John. About 30 minutes later I was pulling my car into the dealership for an inspection and my Dad pulled up behind me in his truck. He told me that John had called and I had to call him back. When I called back he offered me a job and asked if I could start right away, as in, in fifteen minutes. I said yes and I am thankful to be able to say I am tired from a hard afternoon's work. Here is where God's work is evident. I found out later on that John had never been to that construction company place before, where I first met him. He had forgotten his lunch and got an invitation to go over and check the place out. So I happened to walk in and find some random contractor who had never been there before and now I am looking at a great summer job, above average pay and John says he is a Christian. I would have called much of this chance but knowing our God and the amount of prayer gone into this job, God has graciously provided and I can confidently attribute this to His hands. I appreciate the prayers family and I am glad to boast of our God before the great congregation. Cheers.

6 comments:

Haley said...

Praise the Lord! :D
Tim, that's sick. So sweet to hear answers to prayer like that, thanks for the encouragement bro!
Hales

Abby said...

Tim,
This is awesome!! Thank you so much for posting this!! I am so thankful that you have gotten a job and one that you are pumped about. I get excited knowing that God had this all planned out and was in control and you were able to put your faith in him even though you had no idea how it was going to come about!!
THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS CHANCE!!

Jeremy Derksen said...

woohoo!

Kristie said...

To God be the Glory!

In the fullness of time He placed you right where you needed to be. He is so faithful!

So sweet to hear how your prayers have been answered!

Unknown said...

That's awesome man. Praise the Lord!

Unknown said...

That's awesome man. Praise the Lord!