So, I have been thinking lots lately. My thoughts have been rather jumbled, they are all swirling around in my head and I honestly feel like my head is going to explode!! These thoughts that I am thinking are thoughts about my future. AHAHAHA yes that thought, the BIG thought that seems to be resting heavy on the minds of all people my age.
Anyways I have been pondering and praying about the career that the Lord has in mind for me. Every since I was little I have been drawn to medicine, however I am not exactly smart enough to be a doctor (specifically an oncologist or a cardiologist). And to be honest I feel like though doctors do amazing works I feel as if I would get bored of being in hospital everyday (though I do happen to like hospitals, and I am aware that this is strange, but I guess this is to be expected). So as I thought more and more I feel upon the idea that I have had for a while now but have always been somehow lacking the boldness to actually explore this as a possibility. Paramedicine.
I LOVE the idea of being a paramedic. Every call is different, it is like a puzzle that one has to piece together, you never know what you are going to get, its a job full of adventure and compassion and mystery. I love how as a paramedic you are coming along side people in a time when they are in need. You are going through a scary time with people, and you being the pillar of strength and assurance that they look to. I get excited about the thought of being able to be the person they look to while having God being the one I look to. To be someone’s pillar knowing that I can do it because I am resting on one so much stronger then myself or anyone else is exciting, and I feel as if it is a perfect job to do for the glory of God.
Anyways, I think of the name you guys have given me Companion. I so badly want to grow into this name. I know it is much to big for me right now and I struggle to see how I am a companion to anyone in anyway and how I could ever possibly grow into a person that fits this name. But when I think deeper about the possibility of being able to grow to fit into this oversized sweater a little better I get excited. I like the idea of being a companion to those who are going through medical traumas. I like the idea of how God can use me in those situations. I like the idea about how helping people will allow me to spread the love of God, and will give me chances to tell people of the hope that I have.
So in short I am praying about this and if it is a path the God wishes for me. And I would appreciate your prayers for this as well. I wish I could sort out more of what I am thinking on this possible career but the thoughts are still jumbled. I have worded some of these thoughts, as best I can but not nearly as well as I would have liked.
I love you all and miss you all so much!!
Abby
6 comments:
If you ever do become a paramedic, during that moment when your on the scene and in the rush of things, when you think back to the time of posting this blog and begin to get really really excited...please don't punch anybody...working or being worked on. Hold it in, finnish up, come find me and punch me as hard as you want. I'm quite excited for you and my prayers will be for you with what God has in mind for your future. Keep attentive to His Spirit day by day.
Matthew 6:33
What about a medic on a ski hill? I know you mentioned that. But most of all...think of all the red you get to wear too!
Your excitement Abby has rubbed off on me miles away.
My arms hurts from reading this knowing how excited you are about finding a sweet path like this. God may take you there on a round about path so use your head and your heart to find this path. Too the Holy Spirit might call on you to do something that seems unrelated, so walk with a very attentive ear. I know how soft a heart you have and so I have no fear that you will hear and follow the Holy Spirit in a heartbeat. Real proud of you Absolom, Stabby, Rabbi, Gabby, Blabby, Babs Bunny, Tabby, Cabby, Dabby, Fabby-lous, Nabby, Jabby, Duck-bill Plabby-puss, and all the ones I can't think of because i am tired. I am proud of all of them. Cheers.
I remember waaaaaaaaaayyyyyy back at the beginning of Kaleo you told me that you were interested in becoming a paramedic. And I thought to myself, "Yeah. That fits."
Abby. It fits. Go for it (especially if it scares you)!!
Abby this sounds like a wothwhile pursuit. God bless you as you seek his will.
P.S. pretty sweet mode of transportation :P
Keep trusting - keep seeking - keep following - struggling, wresting -
"Trust the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding but in all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your paths straight."
I love that its his will and his will alone that you want - may he bless you as you pursue a career serving others!! I love this fit for you Abbs. You are a strong woman in many ways!
Post a Comment