Hello K7! :)
I have been home for about a week and a half now and as mentioned before I also feel like Kaleo seemed so long ago. [Just briefly- the drive home overall went well! It was a long drive across the mountains, the prairies and northern Ontario but there was many hours to dissect this past year, admire God’s creation and spend some time with the famjam. We stopped to visit my brother in Saskatoon which I was somewhat nervous about but it ended up being a good visit and I am so thankful for the way God has changed my heart within this situation.]here is some pictures from our trip i thought you might enjoy :)
I am sorry for not posting sooner and updating you all about what is happening in my life and even though everything is crazy busy I look forward to checking the blog on a daily basis to see new posts! I have been reading all your updates and praying for each of you on a daily basis.
HAHA, and according to J.Lenny, he heard what I did last week and we are going to have a formal discussion… so he suggested I better post the details on here before!
soo, what have i been up to since ive been home, let’s see… started work at subway three days after being home and have been working almost every day since- it is weird to be back at subway after a year of not working there, but my mindset of working has changed and i now see it as a missions opportunity and want to reflect Christ through the way I live my life … I have been spending a lot of time catching up with family and friends- good conversations with my parakaleo, Catherine Duncan, as well as Kyle Young (k4) … also im going to be more involved with my church through youth and childrens ministry ive had a few meetings for this- helping to plan main youth events with two other students from my church- 30 hr famine + amazing race…i have been filling out application forms and completing ‘plan to protect’ training… pretty busy! i am really excited to see what plans God has for our youth group and praying that more youth would be drawn in… I am hoping to also share my kaleo experiences with my church as well at some point! also for the summer, i applied to Mill Stream Bible Camp because after hearing from Matt that they don’t have enough staff, I felt God nudging me to apply at this camp. I am still waiting to hear back from them though so please pray for this opportunity that I have and that I would be at peace that this is where God wants me this summer. As for the fall, I did not apply early enough for the nursing program that I was hoping to get into so I also applied for the jan 2011 program- I am on the waitlist which has about 20 people so far… so im not really sure what is happening there or what I will do in the fall. Normally I would be really stressed about this but i am just trusting in God and the plans he has for me-leaving it all with him.
now that I have updated you all about that… more about what God has been teaching me and what I have been learning. I have been feeling somewhat overwhelmed with all that seems to be happening at once. I feel like I don’t have time for certain things and quoting Ben, “Kaleo pace of life and city and urban pace of life don’t fit together.” Everything seems to just be go go go! It is taking me some time getting used to and I am still working on managing my time and having balance between everything. Busy busy busy! Although everything seems to be crazy, I have learned the importance of keeping in the Word and that it will set me free- this has changed the way i am spending my time and how i approach everyday situations- I have been spending a lot of time in prayer but I am still working on balancing all of this and still reading my Bible on a daily basis. My eyes have been opened to how worldly everything is and since Kaleo my way of thinking has changed- I am always asking myself what am I learning to love? And how am I spending my time? I have been watching how I am spending my money and in everything I do I am striving to have a kingdom focus- to put God first, not my wants or needs. God has also been teaching me how to love and seeing people through His eyes. As well, I have been learning more about the heart: power, function, desires, and balance between guarding my heart vs. being open and vulnerable. I have been reading Guard Your Heart by Ron Luce and at the bottom of this post is an excerpt I want to share and encourage you all with! As for my prayer word ‘boldness’ God has been providing many opportunities for me as mentioned before being more involved with my church. I am somewhat scared taking on all these responsibilities but I have jumped in with two feet, taking hold of these opportunities and trusting that He will be there to work through me and guide me in all I do. please continue to pray for boldness in these situations; being bold in speaking up, being bold in the way I am living my life and being bold by trusting in him- not worrying. I want to thank you all for your prayers and support and have enjoyed the conversations that i have had with a few of you over the past few weeks.
my thoughts were all kind of messy writing this so i hope you are able to make some sense of it aand wow, lol this is a lot longer then what I was planning on writing but I hope you are encouraged by the ways God has been ever-present in my life.
Praying for each of you, and I miss you all so much!!
LOVE ALWAYS ♥,
Jenna
PS. CAROLINE is coming to Peterborough on Thursday!! Whoo! :)
words of encouragement from Guard Your Heart:
“The power of the human heart to change a total direction of life is untapped by most people. We have all seen these people, the ones that play on a sports team with a half-hearted attitude, go to class with a half-hearted attitude, and acknowledge faith in Christ with a half-hearted attitude. People living out of obligation or just going through motions never tap into the full potential of what God put inside them. Each and every one of us has the potential to strap on a jet engine and race towards the purpose that God put us here for as we tap into the power of the human heart. The heart- being the center of our emotions, mind, and will- was always designed to be a holy place, reserved only for the Creator Himself. When working healthily, the function of the physical heart is to keep blood flowing through our bodies, to keep us alive. The function of the emotional heart is to keep us alive, too, to keep life flowing through us, to keep us living passionately- full of life and freedom. Living with an empty heart is like a car that is beautiful with a shiny paint job, luxurious interior, and a great stereo, but no engine. The world is famous for teaching us how to look like we have everything together on the outside, but if the matters of the heart are not dealt with properly, looking ‘together’ is all an exercise in futility.” Plug your heart into the Source of life K7, keep living for Him!
4 comments:
LOVE hearing from you Jenna! I always love looking into the window of your world! Seems like you've plugged right into places where God wants you - may He shine so brightly through you!
LOVE how you spoke of keeping in the Word, as it is He (the Word) who sets us free!!
LOVE the quote. I think I'll be thinking about it for the next few days...
LOVE you!
You have placed a lot on my heart and mind to think and dwell on. Also you have brought to a head for me many issues that I need to be dealing with. Thank you for your words Jenna, I have been encouraged.
The quote spoke to me too Jenna - SO thankful for this blog! MIssing you Jenna
The quote spoke to me too Jenna - SO thankful for this blog! MIssing you Jenna
Post a Comment