so believe it or not this is my first blog post ever on this blog. I know I know that is horrible but hey at least I came around eventually. So first of all I miss you all a ton. It was really hard when I first left. Me and my parents stayed in Vancouver for a few days. I cried and slept pretty much the whole day and cried many other times that week. I found though that after the process of grieving the end of Kaleo I very quickly became happy with being home which was good. I had three sweet weeks at home to just relax and pray and see people I have missed. I then came up to MBC were I am working for the spring doing house keeping and other stuff like that. I felt like I was starting to put Kaleo to far behind me. I have been praying for God to put you guys back in my prayers and on my heart. He has really been working in that area for me. I love being here and i love watching. It's crazy how evident Gods grace is when you just open your eyes and pay attention. God is constantly bringing me blessing after blessing after blessing. He's really been showing me lately that he is faithful. Like seriously I have come to realize even more that there is nothing else in the world as reliable and loving as our God.
Anyways I am really looking forward for the summer and my roll as assistant program. We had a work weekend this weekend and I have love being up at the camp. it is really helping prepare me for the summer. James came up today too. It was good seeing him and hanging out with old friends. I hoping us summer staff well grow even closer and really get to know each other on a deep level. I would love if you guys could continue to pray for strength for me as i step in to this position as assistant program and for vulnerability in stepping out to pursue God and really give my heart out to people. I want to minister to people by loving them and sharing my own heart for God is a huge part in that. I would love your prayers. I want to encourage you to all live were you are. have joy in every situation but don't forget were you've been and were you're come from. Keep people on your heart. Be thankful for past and present and live in hope for the future. Things change and people come and go but we have to trust God that he has complete control. He will put you were he wants you to be. Be thankful.
5 comments:
AMEN SISTER!
Dang, I miss you.
I agree with you SO much that our God is faithful! He is constantly revealing things to me and blessing me and really I need to open my eyes to SEE and FEEL all of his goodness raining down on me. He blows my mind more and more!
You have my prayers and are in my thoughts.
I LOVE you.
-cougs
p.s. Can we sing in front of the mirror sometimes soon?
Great to hear your thoughts Nicole. I'll continue to pray for you as you look forward to the summer. Keep enjoying camp right now, it will soon be very different.
I remember shouting STRENGTH/VULNERABILITY! at the top of my lungs.
"It's crazy how evident Gods grace is when you just open your eyes and pay attention." love it. been going through some of the same thing.
I also remember Jim saying to you, to keep a group of young girls around you so you can disciple them. I thought, so true. and camp is the best place for that. Just as God has been blessing you, you can turn around and bless others. As God is faithful to you, you can be faithful to others.
I love this update Nicole, such a privelidge and a blessing to hear what's on your heart. I miss you, wish I could've seen you when I was in Ontario, but I know you're up to awesome things, and I'm hoping for big things this summer for you and your ministry.
Muchlove,
Matthew
AMEN amen amen! Nicole - as I read this blog post, my stomach hurt I miss you so much! I am SO proud of you Nicole - and of the way you have allowed the Lord to place you in a position of leadership and the way you seek to represent him there. I like what you said about asking the Lord to keep the Kaleo's on your heart, it is hard when you've entered a different camp setting and family - but your SO right, our God is FAITHFUL and ABLE!
thanks for you encouragement and I miss you incredibly!
Post a Comment