Friday, May 28, 2010

A Letter From Me to You

Nick VanSnick, Pilgrim and student of Jesus Christ

To the church of Kaléo 7, my beloved friends and respected ‘little Christs’.

I figure that it is time for me to post something tangible upon this blog in case any of you are wondering whether or not I have fallen off of the planet since Kaléo ended. It all began when Jack Sparrow went down with the Black Pearl.... Wait wrong script.

I wish to tell you of my most recent adventures in my jobings. You see I have finally acquired a job. It was really a rather random occurrence. I sent an email last week, got a call for an interview on Monday night, went in, and they hired me. I was very glad and braced myself for what was to come this week. My job is to be a trimmer in a lawn care and landscaping business called Lawn’s Unlimited. It is quite a big job and I wish I could extend my heart to Mark at this moment, perhaps I will send him a letter, because the labour is hard. Carrying a 30 pound trimmer for nearly 10-12 hours per day is very tiring. However I am enjoying every minute of it. I see this as a large preparation for my journeys ahead of me. I get all day to practice staying focused on prayer as I do something to exert myself. I also enjoy that my biceps have grown 3 sizes in the past 4 days ;P jk. Having this new job has really helped me to value my time. My life over the past 4 days has pretty much revolved around work and I have had little time in the evenings to do other things, like write blogs to all of my favourite people. It has also helped me get over my ‘woe is me’ stage in which I probably didn’t use my time to the best I could have. Having a schedule again, even if it is very limited, is helping me to put the important things first. I actually had a very good thought while on my lunch break yesterday. “You know, I don’t really have that much time tonight. Maybe I should do what’s important. That’s a really good idea.” There it is, that’s my brilliant thought. Maybe I should do what is important. I think that this is a very important lesson to learn while there are still 3 months left of summer that I can utilize.

Because my mind is beginning to wander, I am sitting in my car in the parking lot of a church while the youth group is in at a concert. Now don’t worry I did do half of the concert.... There’s the wandering part of my mind, some kids just ran through the parking lot. Anyway, now that you are all good and confused I would like to ask something of you. Please pray that I do not run myself down this summer and that I can accomplish all that needs to be done. I have registered for a Distance Learning course from Briercrest in order to take a course that I would like to take in the Winter Semester. I am worried that because my job is so busy (10-12 hours a day at a minimum of 6 days a week) that I may not have enough time to be able to do this. As well I have other important things to do like keeping in touch with each of you, playing guitar, feeding myself with spiritual food, yearbook (sorry I’m taking so long Jim), as well as being light and salt to my family and those here in Moncton. I do wish to take my lesson that I am learning, do the important things, and put it into practice to accomplish these things. I ask that you pray God will intercede and make all things possible for his glory.

I do hope that each of you are blessed in some form today, even with a hardship if that is what must come, and that you will write to me with something to pray for. I wish to keep each of you in my prayers but find it difficult, for I do not always know what to say. May each of you stay focused upon the task that has been given to you and may you run your race with perseverance to the end.
Praise the Lord. Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever. Who can proclaim the mighty acts of the Lord, or fully declare his praise? Blessed are they who maintain justice, who constantly do what is right. – Psalm 106:1-3

2 comments:

Ben Schmit said...

It is truly great to hear from you nick. I'm glad that God is teaching you discipline in your life. haha, I loved your brilliant thought. Don't you just love those moments? Miss ya nick.

Kaity said...

I miss talking to you too Nick - kind of miss you telling me that I'm immature and need to grow up :) and your good old theory about youngest kids in a family - HA! You are a breath of fresh air Nick loved hearing from you - love hoping for you, the Lord has done so much in your heart. Thanks for sharing