Friday, May 7, 2010

My Heart

Brothers and sisters I come before you today in all openness and shame. For I feel as if the pressures of the world are beginning to overtake part of me. Ephesians 4:17-19 is beginning to feel real to me as I begin to lust again as the pagans do for meaningless things. I am overtaken by grief at my declining devotion since I have been home. I come seeking prayer from you, for I know that it is only God who can strengthen me and renew my love for him.
Now please do not think that all is ill for me. I have been enjoying my time at home thoroughly and have even found places to serve and connect within my church. I am a small group leader for a group of grade 8 guys on Wednesday evening, have found a house group to attend on Thursdays and enjoy a study of 1 Corinthians on Sunday mornings. No my grievance does not run through my entire life. I have found some ways to be connected with the Ekklesia and to serve. What I am concerned about is my heart. As we began our own Kaleo journey speaking of the heart, I find myself returning to the heart as I begin this new chapter of my own story.
I also know that I will not be able to be faithful to my own prayer word, love 101, if my heart is not well. As I have returned I have seen a change in how I am reacting to situations and am more intentional about how I do act. However I am afraid to lose that, I did so in a small way just yesterday.
One more reason that I know my own heart must be kept in check is because of an opportunity that has arisen for me this summer. I am unsure if I have told any of you but last summer I had the opportunity to speak at an evening service at my church. I received a lot of good feedback from my talk. So much so that I have been asked to again speak at an evening service this summer at my church. This time however it must be more of a sermon on a particular part of scripture, not so much a motivational kind of speech. I am concerned that the topic God has begun to lay on my heart will be jeopardized if my own heart does not stay in a healthy condition. Please pray for me as I wrestle with God and find ways to utilize my time the most efficient way and in a way that brings God glory.
I thank you Jenna for the verse of scripture in your last post, Ephesians 3:17-19, indeed I take it as a prayer for myself. Thank you my brothers and sisters for listening to my plea, may the God of peace be over you and grant each of us a humble spirit to fill us.

Much love,
Nick

5 comments:

Mark said...

And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of GRACE and TRUTH. John bore witness about him, and cried out, "This was he of whom I said, 'He who comes after me ranks before me, because he was before me.'") And from his fullness we have all received, GRACE UPON GRACE. For the law was given through Moses; GRACE and TRUTH came through JESUS CHRIST. John 1:14-17

Father, lavish upon Nick Your grace and give him deep understanding of this free gift you have given him. Father Your love is strong and it satisfies the depths of any crevice. Return the passion and desire that Nick has had in the past, fan this back into flame. May he wrestle with You and not let go. May he search hard for You and be attentive to Your Spirit always, sensitive to His moving in difficult times of need. We ask you do these things in the name of Christ who is our salvation and hope. Amen.

TimfromNB. said...

EE-toaw!

Kaity said...

Father,
I pray that you renew Nick's spirit - Lord I pray that your truth and grace would wash over him and stir up a contrite heart within him. Thanks for your promises Father - that you won't leave him or forsake him.

Romans 12:2 "Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is - his good, pleasing and perfect will."

I pray that your mind would be daily renewed and that you would be continually striving toward his will for your life.

I miss and love you much brother!

Kaity said...

Father,
I pray that you renew Nick's spirit - Lord I pray that your truth and grace would wash over him and stir up a contrite heart within him. Thanks for your promises Father - that you won't leave him or forsake him.

Romans 12:2 "Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is - his good, pleasing and perfect will."

I pray that your mind would be daily renewed and that you would be continually striving toward his will for your life.

I miss and love you much brother!

Genuine Jader said...

"For wisdom will enter your heart, and knowledge will be pleasant to your soul. Discretion will protect you, and understanding will guard you. Wisdom will save you from the ways of wicked men, from men whose words are perverse."
-Proverbs 2:10-12

Lord, continue to give Nick the wisdom and desire for discernment so that he can do your will in a world that has other agendas.