Monday, May 10, 2010

treetreetreetreetreetreetreetreetreetreetree


I'm leaving for tree planting tomorrow afternoon. I'm really excited and very nervous. Your prayers for me over this summer would be greatly appreciated as I see if God will sustain my body and mind throughout this endeavour. I would also greatly appreciate updates, news, and things to pray for you about while I'm out there and anything else you may be willing to send my way so I figure giving you a mailing address would be helpful:

Mark Guenther and Dave Klassen
c/o C. Ardell
9615 Syms Road
Prince George, BC
V2K 5J2

(Dave Klassen is my foreman and it just helps to sort mail within the camp)
The mail system up there is somewhat slow and it could take even 3 1/2 weeks before I get something from any of you (something to keep in mind) so I may not have any mail coming my way for the first month. Anyway, even just a short letter saying 'hi' would probably lighten up any wet and miserable day I may have. Other than this my communications will be very limited and I will have no idea what's going on with you or be able to reply but I will have stories when I return and I hope the blog is just as active then as it is now. Until then, I go forth in the name of our LORD.

Soli Deo Gloria


6 comments:

Ben Schmit said...

TIIMBEERRRRRRR! oh wait, you're doing the opposite.

Go with the Lord and his blessing, strength and Spirit.

Haley said...

growtreegrowtreegrowtreegrowtreegrowtree

Watch out for sasquashes, and if you find Mr. Raisin searching for his leaf out in PG please bring him back to Ontario where he belongs! Also, practice good control over you string beans out there, I know I'm not there to dance around with our pants rolled up to the highest they can possibly go. I will be signing the theme song to 'I dream of Jeannie' at the top of my lungs so if you do it two, we might meet up somewhere in Alberta. However, it is only 3 months... you better come back tougher. I may not recognize you you will be so manly!
Try to have some serious fun out there cuz! I will miss you, so take some knives with you to fight off all the bad things and be safe.
Piles upon Piles of LOVE brother!
Hales

Kristie said...

(Hope you get this.)

Prayed Psalm One for you today.

Can hardly wait to see how He uses this time to transforms you even MORE into a man after His heart.

Strength and Grace!!

TimfromNB. said...

So I don't know if this is illegal for God to answer this prayer but I pray that for every tree you touch, two are planted. It is a prosperity prayer so it is born out of a good motive. And yet you may not read this for three months. I will let future Tim worry about explaining this prayer. Love you brother, I'll be will you in prayer all summer. God bless you work. Cheers.

Unknown said...

I thought the words of an Old Irish blessing Hymn might be appropriate here

May the road rise to meet you
May the wind be always at your back
May the sun shine warm upon your face
May the rain fall soft upon your fields
Til we meet again
may God hold you in the palm of his Hand

Praying for you Mark. May he bless you and keep you.

Kaity said...

Mark -
I think about Cobble Hill and the times spent with you and laugh often! I am so thankful for the way you are following Christ with an abandoned heart - thanks for being an example of that to me.
May God use this adventure in big ways in your life and heart - may he be the center of it all.

God bless you brother!