Tuesday, May 4, 2010

YO YO mez Amigos!

I am home! Haha, wow a long trip it was. Exactly what I needed to help myself process Kaleo. My trip was so lavished in prayer it was incredible. It was like taking two weeks to just bike, drive and pray. I found myself finding out what other people were experiencing at home and praying for those specific situations. This gave me something to do as I remembered each one of you and miss you dearly! In this, I was able to prepare my mind for the hardships to come and knew a bit more of what to expect when I finally got home. Throughout this trip, God was truly my comfort and I was blessed to experience His closeness.

So I'm finding it really hard to adjust to living with NORMAL people (just teasin' you... maybe) again to the extent that I have started talking to my dogs like I talk with you guys! I was thinking today, if each of my dogs were one of my room mates, which would be Nicole and which would be Kaitlyn? HAH! Man, I'm hope I don't end up going insane.

Now that I have been home for all of 2 days it has mostly been spent unpacking and cleaning my room, bikes, car, etc. I stopped by my friends bike shop and just before I left he talked with me about this ambassador program which would mean that Rocky Mountain (a bike company) would in a way semi sponsor me by getting me one of their bikes at cost. I would be required to represent them as well as my friends shop throughout the summer. I am continuing to pray about this, it's not really a big deal but I am not sure God has a new bike in store for me at the moment, I want to spend the money He has give me wisely and on things that would glorify Him.. and let's just say this bike still wouldn't be cheap.

As far as the racing scene goes right now, I have my first crit race today, followed by 3 other road races this week. I just took a look at my training schedule and my blood pressure rose. For those of you that may not know, racing is intense! It takes a lot to get ready for a race, getting organized, the race itself takes a lot out of you and it takes a lot to clean up after a race. Don't get me wrong though it is madly fun and most of the time pretty sketch. This is why though I asked you to pray for 'time' for me. I realized a couple days ago that my road shoes are made by a company called TIME. HAH, it says TIme right on them... this will be my reminder of what my real purpose in racing is.

So I will see my coach and some team mates later today for the first time in a while. Please be praying that throughout this season of racing their eyes would be opened and their hearts would be softened. That they would see more of what Christ is really about. That I would just be able to relax and be who I am around them. As well that I would have courage, wisdom and strength from God to be bold. The vibe felt in that group is pretty negative humor that really brings one another down and I don't want to let myself conform to that and join in in that. I am praying that God would give me the strength to still have fun but to do it in a way that will build others up.

I am also currently looking for a job, which could make me end up in Winnipeg rather than Steinbach. I don't really want to move to Winnipeg but I will go where ever God wants me, just pray that the path He makes would be clear to me. Either way, it isn't going to make my life any less busy that's for sure. I hope that where ever I am I would be able to live in the moment with my whole self present and to not try to control everything but just let things fall where they fall and soak in life.

I still have NO CLUE what I will be doing in September. There are so many ideas floppin' around in my head like wet fish! I am doing my best to trust God and asking Him for patience.

My family is still hurting and healing from my Grandpa's death, any prayers for that would be greatly appreciated!

Anyways I think that's about all that's goin' down in my life at the moment... well I'm sure there is more but you know where to find me!

Hales

1 comment:

Jim Badke said...

Haley, you are a miracle! May you grow in that place like the blackberries in my yard, only without the prickles! I have no doubt that your influence on your team will be so much more significant, because of your growing leadership and the unavoidable evidence of Jesus in your heart. Go, girl, go!